Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the doors off, the flutter noise is driving me nuts. I tried velcroing the upper strap around the roll bar, which others have done, but it didn't work. I know there are other fixes too, such as a should pad over the lower belt. But here's my question, to me it seems like the lower portion of the seat belt, not the portion that goes across your chest, should be behind the plastic molding against the b-pillar, but it's not. Is everyone's jeep like this or just mine? It seems so logical to me that that's where it should be snaked, yet it's not. I have a 2013 Rubi for reference. Any help is appreciated.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
A lot of threads on this subject. Most common approach is to use a seat belt shoulder pad from Wal-Mart on the lower portion of the belt. That is what I did.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah get the shoulder pad things from the auto section at Wal Mart and put it on the belt down by the retractor. Get it in black and you won't even know that it's there. No flutter. Easy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Common fix is a pair of those slip on fleece "comfort" pads that are sold for where the shoulder belt crosses the chest. Put it on where the belt is slapping.
Sold at auto parts and Walmart.
It's just amazing that Jeep allows this annoying problem to persist with no effort on their part to do anything. Says alot about what they think about their customers. Yea... it's a problem. Fix it yourself.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, yes, I know I can fix it. I'm really focused on where the seat belt lies though and wondering if my jeep and other jeeps are "right". I think the belt should be BEHIND the plastic molding against the b-pillar, I am wondering if anyone's belt came that way or if anyone moved it there after the fact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tuck it around the recline handle away from the body. You have to undo it when buckling in, but just tuck it again after. Keeps it away from the plastic and its free.

I like the pad idea though.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Common fix is a pair of those slip on fleece "comfort" pads that are sold for where the shoulder belt crosses the chest. Put it on where the belt is slapping.
Sold at auto parts and Walmart.
It's just amazing that Jeep allows this annoying problem to persist with no effort on their part to do anything. Says alot about what they think about their customers. Yea... it's a problem. Fix it yourself.
At least the seatbelts don't get caught in the strikers like they did on the TJs.

Wait... you mean to tell me that a good solution to seatbelt slap is to put my grandma's fleece shoulder pad on it?
There's gotta be a better way!
:facepalm:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes, yes, I know I can fix it. I'm really focused on where the seat belt lies though and wondering if my jeep and other jeeps are "right". I think the belt should be BEHIND the plastic molding against the b-pillar, I am wondering if anyone's belt came that way or if anyone moved it there after the fact.

I just looked on mine...
It does go behind the bottom panel where the retractor is mounted, then comes out of a slot about 1/3 of the way up.

So yeah, most of it is not against the B-pillar.

·
Registered
723 Posts
At least the seatbelts don't get caught in the strikers like they did on the TJs.

Wait... you mean to tell me that a good solution to seatbelt slap is to put my grandma's fleece shoulder pad on it?
There's gotta be a better way!
:facepalm:
Nope. That is the easiest and cheapest solution. If you get black you won't even know it's there. I don't know why anyone would try anything else. :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
And I had to go to 3 different wally worlds in 2 states to find these. Seems that every jeep owner out there is buying these up! Funny that the white fleece and pink versions were stacked all over the place. Best $6 I've spent!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
And I had to go to 3 different wally worlds in 2 states to find these. Seems that every jeep owner out there is buying these up! Funny that the white fleece and pink versions were stacked all over the place. Best $6 I've spent!
That happened to me as well...

I was there one day, and they had a bunch of the black ones...but I didn't grab them. Went back a few days later and they were ALL gone...and have been gone ever since. I had to go to three different Wal-Marts to find them....unless I wanted to pink fuzzy ones.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I installed the Weathertech window visors. Problem solved and I can still crack my windows when it's raining. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
873 Posts
For a lot of do it yourself types, I am surprised that no one here mentioned TYPE III Nylon Cord - aka: Paracord or 550 cord. It's even cheaper than that soft squishy cover bit from WallyWorld, you get little crafty with it and - BAM! - your seat belt doesn't flutter, you have several feet of the stuff available and at hand if you need it in a pinch and enough left out of your original purchase to do something useful with.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
661 Posts
For a lot of do it yourself types, I am surprised that no one here mentioned TYPE III Nylon Cord - aka: Paracord or 550 cord. It's even cheaper than that soft squishy cover bit from WallyWorld, you get little crafty with it and - BAM! - your seat belt doesn't flutter, you have several feet of the stuff available and at hand if you need it in a pinch and enough left out of your original purchase to do something useful with.

Just sayin'
Now that's something I'd like to see an example of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was thinking this may work. We've just had our 2011 a few weeks and last week was the first ride without the hardtop. The flutter drove us nuts. Will be making a trip to walmart.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Zipties?

Just sayin'
What about zipties? Would that possibly cause damage to the seatbelt or other parts? Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts