Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install lap and shoulder belts for the rear seat. Does anyone have any suggestions? :punk:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a 1993 and what bar are you talking about. Do you mean I am going to have to put in an additional roll bar just for the seat belts? Sorry I am new at this I just bought it yesterday.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here in Arcansaw, we just use bungy cords and duct tape.... :wavey:[/QUOTE]

i like that idea hahaha

·
Registered
231 Posts
well i have a 92 and if your talking about the seat belts for the bench seat in that back thats not that hard. there is a screw that connects to the frame i think that holds the female end of the belt and as for the male end if you dont have it go to a pick a part or buy a new one and it mounts to the roll bar on each side. that should be it

·
Registered
407 Posts
When you finally DO install the rear lap belts, you're gonna notice that they flap around in the wind at high speeds, making an annoying "whack, flap, whack, flap" sound.

Before you get too pissed off at yourself for having them now, get a couple of those electrical wire straps (the plastic kind that you can stick one end inside the little slot), and strap down the shoulder strap part to the roll bar.

When someone wants to ride back there, just slide the electrical wire straps up toward the pivot point, and return it to mid roll-bar position when they get out.

-Soupy1957

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok that is the thing my roll bar is just a slant in the back . It is not a high curve like other roll cages

·
Registered
59 Posts
can't do it then. you won't have an anchor point to attach the shoulder belt to. you'll need to get a family style roll bar, or build on to your existing cage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, here's another post for me to hijack...sorry man, but the topic is timely for me.

I have a 95 and my wife wont let either of my kids ride in it until I get shoulder belts in the back. I've done a cursory look at what I need, but was confused on which product I actually needed.

If someone could link the exact belts I need it would be a great help!

Thanks again,

Trolloc
k6dsr

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wow, here's another post for me to hijack...sorry man, but the topic is timely for me.

I have a 95 and my wife wont let either of my kids ride in it until I get shoulder belts in the back. I've done a cursory look at what I need, but was confused on which product I actually needed.

If someone could link the exact belts I need it would be a great help!

Thanks again,

Trolloc
k6dsr
what type of yj do you have? family style roll cage, or the rear slant bars? slant bars, you cant use shoulder belts as stated earlier, but if you have the family style roll bars, you can use these

https://www.quadratec.com/products/24247_40X_PG.htm

·
Registered
52 Posts
what type of yj do you have? family style roll cage, or the rear slant bars? slant bars, you cant use shoulder belts as stated earlier, but if you have the family style roll bars, you can use these

https://www.quadratec.com/products/24247_40X_PG.htm
I believe its the family style rollbar, in fact they have bolt holes in them at the apex where the they turn and run vertically to the jeep. ( when you say slanted...do you mean rollbars like a cj?)

Anyway, if Im correct in my thinking and they are the family style, then I'm good to go, and thanks for the link.

If im wrong...well then I hope you let me know...lol. ;)

Thanks,

Trolloc
k6dsr

·
Registered
52 Posts
no problem, it sounds like your rolllbar's are the ones you can use with these. yeah, slant like a cj roll bar. like this

http://www.austinjeeps.com/front2.jpg

if you have that style, you cant use the shoulder seat belts, but it sounds like you have the right roll bars... good luck
Thanks for the quick replies and the link!

Trolloc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What sould I do? Go to the jeep dealer and check prices? or go with an after market roll cage. If after market which roll cage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just have someone fab one up for you. you can make one even more sturdy than the factory bar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hmmmm? my 1993 has the family bar. are you sure you have a 93?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts