Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Can't be completely disabled, but you can do a steering wheel dance so the alarm still chimes when you first start the engine without a belt on, but it doesn't continue to chime.

I'll see if I can find it before someone else does.....

EDIT:

Here it is:

Remove Seat Belt Reminder Chime -Enhanced Seat Belt Use Reminder System
(BeltAlert
_) –Removed from current manual – Says to go to dealer.
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first
60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the
ON/RUN or START position. Chrysler Group LLC does
not recommend deactivating BeltAlert.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and
buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position (do
not start the engine), and wait for the Seat Belt Reminder
Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle
and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three
times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt fastened.

I found it here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/manual-programming-features-with-sequences-enable-disable-155357.html

hat tip to Rooster76

·
Registered
126 Posts
-Get in jeep and close door
-Put seatbelt on
-Turn key to "on" position. Do not start!
-With key on and within 15 sec unbuckle and re buckle 3 times, ending in the buckled position.
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

And test. You should be chimless. Although light will still illuminate.

Also this does completely disable any audible seatbelt chimes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
-Put seatbelt on
-With key on and within 15 sec unbuckle and re buckle 3 times, ending in the buckled position.
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

Boom

·
Registered
572 Posts
The ignition thing works. The light will still be lit, but no chime. Comes in handy if you're just driving around your block or somewhere at a slow speed and don't want to hear that annoying chime.

·
Registered
323 Posts
-Put seatbelt on
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

Freakin' awesome! You rock!

·
Registered
404 Posts
-Put seatbelt on
-jeep should chime.
-Shut key off completely

I sat in my Jeep for a good 15 minutes trying this yesterday. There's gotta be something missing. I KNOW I can count to 3. I'm assuming that the implied step of "put in key" would be directly after "put seatbelt on". While it did chime at me every time I unbuckled, I never got it to chime at the end as some sort of an indicator that it worked successfully.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I went to the junkyard and got two seat belt clips (ends) and clip them in. No chimes or lights. Older jeep ones work with a little grinding to get size right.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Why wouldn't you wear a seat belt? That disables the chime and the light on the dash. And it keeps you from getting killed or seriously hurt in a crash.

·
Registered
404 Posts
For me, I have OCD "issues" with chimes. While I do always wear a seat belt, I don't normally get buckled in before starting the Jeep. Compounded when I used to go to an oil change place, and they have 3 vehicles in the bays, all with the doors open, and key in the ignition, all chiming away. I start freaking out and have to leave.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Why wouldn't you wear a seat belt? ...
I wear a seat/sholder belt religiously in vehicles, and in other equipment.

But, I do NOT wear the belt when working close to deep water, where any mistake and I'm in the drink. Learned that from tractor work - I think you'll find that advise in some equipment safety instructions - used to any way.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What is worse, whatever tells the Jeep the belt is buckled broke in mine. So even though I wear it 100% of the time, the warning is going off every minute or two. I can't program it because it doesn't detect buckling or unbuckling. I've just stopped caring, it doesn't bother me any more, but passengers HATE it. :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
I disabled mine. I also wear my seat belt all the time on street and highway. But during hunting season, when just idling down a dirt road at 5 or 10 mph, and we keep jumping in and out of our truck/jeep or whatever, we don't wear seat belts.

dp

·
Registered
126 Posts
I sat in my Jeep for a good 15 minutes trying this yesterday. There's gotta be something missing. I KNOW I can count to 3. I'm assuming that the implied step of "put in key" would be directly after "put seatbelt on". While it did chime at me every time I unbuckled, I never got it to chime at the end as some sort of an indicator that it worked successfully.
sounds like you had a door open, were in drive or actually started the vehicle. as the chime should not make any noise until the very end when you turn key to off position.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nope. Door closed.
Buckled seat belt.
Put key in; turned to "On" (did not start).
Unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle.
Turned key to "Off".
Removed key.
Opened / closed door.
Tested (failed).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts