Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there ary way to disable the seat belt reminder? (Besides buckling it)

In the Ford's, there was a series of steps to take and it would be perm. disabled.

Thanks, Stan

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Try and look for a connector at the female side, near the buckle. Chevrolet's, you can just unbuckle said clip, and it would disable the reminder. I don't know if this will work, but even if it doesn't, what did ya loose? :D

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
I know on my TJ there is a little connector behind the seat. Not sure about the fancy JK though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This is what the manual shows to deactivate it:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first
60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON
or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend
deactivating the Enhanced Warning System
(BeltAlert).
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and
buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position
(engine does not need to be running), and wait for
the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle
and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt
at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the
seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single
chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated
by repeating this procedure.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
I always wear mine, but I just didn't like the little light beeping and flashing at me telling me to.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
:cut:

:/end cut:
I did that to be nice, and to try and maintain some civility within this thread. The man asked a simple question, and he got his answer. Leave the thread at that. To be completely honest, none of the "Why" question above, should ever have been asked, especially on this board. The man just wanted an answer, and he got one. Lets leave it at that :)

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
ok, but is see it the same way as some people were telling someone not to tow a hige boat behind a jeep , because its not safe, and i like to keep my fellow jeep owners alive

what he wants to do is up to him so i wont say anymore, but i see safety as the #1 thing, if someone aked about winching i would always tell them to be very careful adn remember to put a blanket over the cable

but ill just end it here b/c ur right he can do w/e the hell he want o do and y should he listen to a 16 yr old right

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have what I believe is a valid "why" question...why the heck would there be so many nonsensical steps to disable it. I mean, they have to know a lot of Jeepers are going to be frequently buckling and unbuckling, especially on trails. That system would be a pain in the butt to me.

Is there possibly a fuse for the system? I've heard TJs had a door buzzer/dome light defeat fuse so could there be a similar fuse for the belt chime or would it be like the S10 my buddy used to have where if you disabled the governor it would lock out every forward gear but first and kill the feed to the speedometer?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have what I believe is a valid "why" question...why the heck would there be so many nonsensical steps to disable it. I mean, they have to know a lot of Jeepers are going to be frequently buckling and unbuckling, especially on trails. That system would be a pain in the butt to me.

Is there possibly a fuse for the system? I've heard TJs had a door buzzer/dome light defeat fuse so could there be a similar fuse for the belt chime or would it be like the S10 my buddy used to have where if you disabled the governor it would lock out every forward gear but first and kill the feed to the speedometer?
I was thinking the same thing about being able to pull a fuse, I pulled the dome light defeat fuse in my tj, and would have figured out how to disable the seatbelt warning, but all I have is a light and no buzzer so it really doesn't bother me. In my F-150 it had a buzzer that went off every 30 sec. so i went to the junkyard and bought an extra buckled part to plug in the receiver, simple, but it worked.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Once you do the procedure, it will remain that way. UNTILL the USER does the procedure again. With the Fords, all you have to do is push the release 6 times in the first 5 seconds the ignition is turned "on". It will also stay that way untill its reversed.

Joe

1 - 20 of 36 Posts