Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91, and when I got it, it had a regular seat belt with a shoulder strap. However, it seems to be way to short...an adult can barely pull the thing around them and make it buckle... Any clues on what is standard to avoid this issue when I purchase the next one... and where should I order...I was checking on 4wd.com, but all I found was a recoil lap belt...My driver's side is fine...
Thanks for the help and info

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Are you sure it's fully releasing? It might be getting hung up in the retractor.

Just a thought..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep. I checked it. it's fully released. That was my first thought also.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Try taking it to the dealership. Most manufacturers will warranty safety items (like seat belts) well after the warranty has expired. Also, there may be a service campaign on the seat belt. It's a long shot but it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry but I had to ask! How big are the adults in your area? I have never had a problem with seat belt being long enough in any vehicle???:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's not a size issue...my 4 year old of only 40 pounds, can barely get in when he is in his booster. It barely fits me and I am well under 200lbs. Like I said...the seat belt seems to be short for some reason. What I really wanted to know is if there were different lengths of belts. And I did you miss... it's a 91...can't imagine that any sort of dealership is going to look at that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts