Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have been reading a lot post regarding seat covers, Trekarmor is very popular and they look very nice but they are not compatible/tested to be used with seat airbags
Has anyone found a good seat cover compatible with the seat air bags?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I've been shopping for the same thing. So far it seems coverking and Wet Okole both make them that support side air bags.

I noticed this weekend quadratec does a deal on the coverkings under their quadrapacs for the front and back for $189 total. Problem is I don't see the deal with the ones that support the side air bags. I plan to chat with them tomorrow to see if they have the bundle available that supports the air bags as they would be far cheaper than other similar options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm with you! However I did call trek armor and they are currently making them airbag compatible. They haven't made sets yet for newest years. I was told 2015 will done April or May. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Seatcoversunlimited are and can make in a variety of materials and colors. This is what I chose and they fit like a glove. The area around air bag is velcroed and will deploy through it.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Seatcoversunlimited are and can make in a variety of materials and colors. This is what I chose and they fit like a glove. The area around air bag is velcroed and will deploy through it.
not gna hijack this thread but I have this brand also and did u have trouble installing them? I found it kinda tricky!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
not gna hijack this thread but I have this brand also and did u have trouble installing them? I found it kinda tricky!!
The hardest part is tucking bottoms of front covers through the seat. But I used the trash bag trick I read about and it made it easier

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go with Trek Armor they are the best. They cost more but they will probably outlive a couple of Rubis

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have Carhartt seat covers. I prefer the coolness of the cotton in Summer. The front seat covers are cut and folded to accommodate airbags.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go with Trek Armor they are the best. They cost more but they will probably outlive a couple of Rubis
I don't think the Trek Armor's work with side airbags.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think the Trek Armor's work with side airbags.
call Mitch and talk to him, I think the new ones are side airbag compatible or will be within a month or so and the Bartact ones are mil-spec. These are not just seat covers, they actually almost reupholster your seats. They fit super tight and really help to squeeze the bolsters of the seats. They made mine feel like new seats. Seriously, call Mitch, he's a great guy

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
call Mitch and talk to him, I think the new ones are side airbag compatible or will be within a month or so and the Bartact ones are mil-spec. These are not just seat covers, they actually almost reupholster your seats. They fit super tight and really help to squeeze the bolsters of the seats. They made mine feel like new seats. Seriously, call Mitch, he's a great guy
Cool I'll look into it further, just remember when I was going through options they didn't work. I'm all for paying a bit more for quality covers, glad you speak highly of them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Trekarmor update - I just got of the phone with Dan. The 2015 covers are in the testing stage now and they expect production to begin end of May.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I'll keep :worthy::worthy::worthy:! That would be GREAT news!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts