Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all....New to the forums. My wife just bought her first Wrangler. She got a 2015 Sport 2 door. We are interested in getting some seat covers for it just for everyday protection, and that look good! Does anyone have a recommendation? There are all kinds of vendors if you google it, but I would really like to have some real world users tell me what they think. ANy advice will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bartact (formally Trek Armor). Best seat covers out there

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Bartact.

End of conversation.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Another vote for Bartact. Bonus, they are American made.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Love my Bartact's so far

Ok, so i got home and couldn't wait to install them.... go me.

The flash really does show off the "Pearl" in Sunset Orange Pearl coat doesn't it?

All in all, awesome covers. Best i've ever installed, but then again i've never had custom covers for anything :bop:

Now, i bought the covers, for the covers. So i see the Molle bags as an extra. However, i have an issue with the big bag.

As you can see, only 2 straps to hold this ginormous bag in place. It's going to sag in the middle. Not only that, but the weave webbing where the straps go, isn't standard size.

Being one of only 2 real issues with the kit it's pretty minor, but they could have moved those 2 in 1 space each and added a single strap in the center to keep the sag out of it. Either that or added the center strap, and stitched that last row in properly.

I've already got a ton of pouches, and i ordered some specifically to install so i'm not really worried. But it'd be nice you know. in either case i don't think that the non-standard webbing width would matter really if it was laced into a standard width webbing, it's the lack of straps that bugs me mostly.

The other issue is that the embroidery doesn't match the insert color very well. it's not bad, and doesn't look awful, but it'd be better if they did. The photo isn't the greatest, but the stitching is a shade or 2 lighter than the insert.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow that orange looks good. I was on the fence about black/orange or if I should just go with black on black. Now my only concern is how well the lighter color will hold up and not look old and dirty after a while.

To OP, I've heard that if you want truly waterproof, then Bartact is the way to go. Also if you live where it gets hot, I wouldn't recommend neoprene as it tends to give you a sweaty backside.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another vote for Bartact. I have the black/red ones on my white Jeep. They are much better than I expected. I was constantly getting dog fur embedded into my seats. Now with the covers, the fur wipes/falls off. Having a two door means I have no storage room. The Molle straps have allowed me to add numerous Molle bags (hey, the covers even come with 3 bags) and store all of my gear in an organized fashion. They are pricey, but well worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am also shopping for seat covers and found Bartact. I reached out to them and got a reply from Sal the same day. They are sending me color swatches so I can decide which color would go best in my Jeep. Have them do the same for you if you need help in picking a color. My only concern is having to cut that hole in the top for the headrests (4), because they don't come with the holes already in them. I am sure I can do it, just nervous about it, that's all.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am also shopping for seat covers and found Bartact. I reached out to them and got a reply from Sal the same day. They are sending me color swatches so I can decide which color would go best in my Jeep. Have them do the same for you if you need help in picking a color. My only concern is having to cut that hole in the top for the headrests (4), because they don't come with the holes already in them. I am sure I can do it, just nervous about it, that's all.
It's pretty easy, just be sure to get a fresh X-acto as the cloth is pretty tough.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The instructions say to ride for a few days before cutting the holes so the covers set into place. I didn't want to drive without headrests so I jumped in and out of the seats a few times. You only need to cut the "X" about 3/4-1" across, just enough to get the round plastic part started through the hole- then you can get it over. It's easy- a few minutes with a razor blade. The material is rip-stop so it won't keep going.

The hardest part is figuring out which side is the drivers! I ended up installing them, thinking it was wrong, swapping seat covers, finding it was really wrong, and swapping back. 3 times the work!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i found a less expensive alternative to Katskinz on a fluke.

a family owned/operated manufacturer out of CA.

decorauto

I was going to go with allthingsjeep but I have had horrible experiences with CoverKing, and that's what they sell.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the point of the center armrest covers? Mine is plastic and ready waterproof. Is it just to match the seat covers? And do they stay put well?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Trekarmor/bartact. I have trek armors, they're a little pricier but so worth it. Most people can't even tell they're a cover and they just think they're reupholstered seats.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bartact are sure the best, but I personally couldn't swallow the 500+ dollar price tag when I could get a new stubby winch bumper for that.

I just ordered the Coverking ballistic seat covers off of Qtec for 179.99 shipped, for front and rears. They are NOT 100% water proof, They are water resistant; but I don't intend on pissing in the seat or leaving the top down when it's calling for rain. They fit good and will protect your seats. They also have a front and rear storage area which is a must have for me. Here's the link:

Coverking Front & Rear Ballistic Nylon Seat Cover Combo for 13-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door with Side Airbags - Quadratec

1 - 20 of 30 Posts