Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jeepers,

The old foam in my driver's seat is starting to crumble on the left side from me getting in and out and I thought I'd get some seat covers to help preserve the fabric from more wear and tear.

I ordered some Rugged Ridge seat vests that I liked because of all the pockets and storage sewn on the back, but while they claim it fits on a '99 TJ Sahara they most certainly do not. The straps and attachments simply don't work with the way the Sahara seats are built.

Have any of you Sahara owners found a set of decent seat covers that work? I'm looking for some solid recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have some rubber/neoprene type seat covers (black around the edges and a tan down the middle) that have fit well for 8 years. Not able to find the brand, they LOOK like the Coverking neoprene seat covers.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Iggee's covers fit my Sahara seats fine. I had to ask for more clips to hold them on but they were great in getting me some quickly :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just recently purchased a set of Bestop seat covers for my Sahara seats due to the same issue. My drivers seat had already torn open and the bar had started putting pressure where pressure shouldn't be. Lol. I had some extra foam laying around from a old gun case and stuffed it in the void and put the seat covers on. Im really pleased with the Bestop covers. There are allot of other options such as trek armor, coverking etc. but in my honest opinion for the money, you simply cant beat the Bestop brand they are durable and fit good on the Sahara seats. They are a little loose than what is shown in the advertisements but form to the seat well after a few days.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
TrekArmor which is now Bartact has the best cover INHO. Extremely strong and they look great. Plus they have milspec molle to strap in whatever you want.

·
Registered
523 Posts
X2 on TrekArmor/Bartact. You can get them in various color combinations and I run them on both Jeeps. Top notch quality and a great fit!

·
Registered
68 Posts
+2 on TrekArmor -- well worth the $$. I ordered a custom set (tan and green) and they match pretty well with the original color scheme. Unfortunately I don't have any pics I can post right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have yet to see covers that look like a tight fit that's why I spent $18 at Walmart I can replace many times over if something happens

ForumRunner_20160210_170002.jpg

·
Registered
970 Posts
I took my TJ to an upholstery shop and they installed new foam which helped bolster the seats. My cloth was on near perfect condition so now the seats are like original again with solid support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never been a huge fan of seat covers as they typically don't look great and are often baggy. I recommend replacement seats with more support in rough terrain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! Bartact is sending me some fabric samples but I think I'm going to go witth the olive drab/coyote covers they make.
I'm also looking at replacing the foam itself - anyone had any luck finding OEM seat foam or is cutting it myself the only way to do it?

·
Registered
970 Posts
My foam was in pretty good shape, so I paid the upholstery shop about $200 total to remove the weakened foam and replace with new foam to bolster sides and bottoms which take the most abuse. The cool thing is how easy it is to get to the foam with OEM seats. Now they're back to being like new and maybe even more supportive than original. IMO it was money well spent and I didn't have to go through the hassle of replacing seats...yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts