Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I love my trek armor covers. They protect my seats and they look great.

Sadly, they're making my back sweat so badly I have to carry a fresh shirt with me for even short trips. Trek's site says this shouldn't happen but oh well. :)

Any ideas what I could do to lessen the sweating? Was thinking of an additional towel seat cover for when its really hot? I'm open to suggestions.

Also, this is only happening when top is down or windows are out.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm thinking of getting these seats

Prob bc they are water proof so it doesn't absorb sweat like factory seats

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Most likely its the humidity and the neoprene material that is causing this... Unfortunately I do not know of a fix. The material can not breath well when your back is pressed up against it. One of the biggest drawbacks to neoprene seat covers. If Trek says its not supposed to happen tell em to send you a new set.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The treks are not neoprene, there are zoom in pics on google to see the material but other owners say it feels like gym bag material.

I sweat easily so if these seats don't breath i might have to skip paying 300 bucks and get some beach towels on my seats lol

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Wet Okoly same issue. I got a set of seat beads (?) They're supposed to massage you while you sit LOL. Walmart $20 But they push you off the neoprene just enough to get airflow. Winter... I just put them in storage.
Funny! I was thinking of the exact same solution. Am glad someone else had the same idea.

:thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
OR.... U can just have a dedicated stick of anti perspiration deodorant dedicated to your back.... Could work

·
Registered
493 Posts
Look up Iggee seat covers on E-bay. No sweating or swamp ass, the only con is that when they have been sitting in the sun they feel like the surface of the Sun for ONE FULL SECOND then cool off instantly. Its really weird.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
iggy's are high.. i want a set. they are nice

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the Trek Armor seat covers fit great, look great and installed easily. I installed seat heaters as well.

I sweat more when driving the BMW with leather seats. The stock ugly seat covers were probably the best material, just but ugly though, at least in a 2004 sport.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I find the black seats in my 2013 JK really make my back sweat in the warm weather. I picked up seat/back thingy from Walmart for about $20. It has a black & white open weave cover on a thin coil spring inner. Really lets the air circulate between your back and the seat. Cheap and it works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts