Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put new, waterproof seat covers on my jeep (front and back- preferrably black and blue), but they all seem so expensive. I'm really on a budget. Any suggestions? Wet Okoles are out of my budget and many of the brands just have gray, black, etc... Thanks!

·
Not so Newb?
59 Posts
I've always been curious, and I don't mean to be inflammatory, but, why have waterproof seat covers on seats that aren't waterproof? I understand that the covers will protect most little spills and accidents. But, they won't really keep rain from molding your factory seats, will they? Just being curious.

I'm looking to fix my seat situation, too. So far, it seams to be a cheap option to find seats from wrecked Jeeps and quick swap them. Some years are directly compatible, but I haven't figured out which yet. Vinyls seats are the quick and easy choice.

The absolute cheapest way, that I can find, is to use Scotch Guard or a similar product on your seats, or any seat covers. You could find the pattern you want at a parts store, fish out a cheap price, then spray the hell out of them. Voila! Instant waterproofing.

For fitted seat covers with color varieties, try these:

404 File Not Found - SummitRacing.com

(Both are black and red)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the ideas...looked at the site you posted...really would like to find black/blue seat covers. If you find some cheap ones like that that are somewhat fitted at least, please let me know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have iggee seat covers. They are a little more on the expensive side. But man they are worth it, and the protect pretty much the whole seat. I paid 270 for front and back, or you can pay 195 for just the front seats. If you do a search on iggee seat cover there are good reviews on them. My co-worker told me to buy and I did and I like them alot. He goes duck hunting and has a dog in the front seat, and he seat covers arent even scratched.

here is a good thread
Still like your Iggee seat covers? - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have blue and black seat covers on my seats. Walmart has them for 20$ each. I think they have them in red and a few other colors. I have also seen the same ones at one of the auto parts stores, but I think they were 30$ each. They look really good on the jeep.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree. I put a set in my Jeep and my Vette. Have held up very well, and still look great and fit nice. I will use these for any vehicle that needs covers. Why buy the Wally world junk covers, when you can get quality at a decent price.
I have iggee seat covers. They are a little more on the expensive side. But man they are worth it, and the protect pretty much the whole seat. I paid 270 for front and back, or you can pay 195 for just the front seats. If you do a search on iggee seat cover there are good reviews on them. My co-worker told me to buy and I did and I like them alot. He goes duck hunting and has a dog in the front seat, and he seat covers arent even scratched.

here is a good thread
Still like your Iggee seat covers? - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree. I put a set in my Jeep and my Vette. Have held up very well, and still look great and fit nice. I will use these for any vehicle that needs covers. Why buy the Wally world junk covers, when you can get quality at a decent price.

Yeah 270 for front and back seat covers, and proof that they last long, why not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i recently saw black/blue neoprene seat covers at advanced auto. not sure if you have that store out there but a local auto place might carry something cheaper! they were cheaper than covers i have seen online!

·
Registered
492 Posts
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

i bought a pair of these for my jeep the other week. scroll down to see other colors and such. they arent waterproof but are made very well for the price they are. seems like they are made when you order them. they fit the seats without a probelm, perfect snug fit. plus they look cool lol. they also can make "custom" seat covers for you... like if you want a certain design or something...

·
Registered
418 Posts
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

i bought a pair of these for my jeep the other week. scroll down to see other colors and such. they arent waterproof but are made very well for the price they are. seems like they are made when you order them. they fit the seats without a probelm, perfect snug fit. plus they look cool lol. they also can make "custom" seat covers for you... like if you want a certain design or something...
I am interested in purchasing some seat covers from this company. Are they holding up pretty well? What is the material like?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wet Okole are expensive but absolutely look awesome. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Would I buy them again? Yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts