Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love my Sahara green/tan seats, I'm looking into trying to protect them once the nice weather gets here and the top comes off. They are in pretty good shape except for a small whole on the driver's side and the cushioning has almost flattened under my left butt cheek so hopefully covers will help with that.
I've seen some of the negative comments about the neoprene covers and I'm afraid those would get very hot in the Texas sun. Has anyone tried these out? They look reasonably priced, fabric, and the black and tan would go great with my Jeep, but I can't seem to find a whole lot of info or reviews about them. Available at both XT and Quadratec.

Rugged Ridge Custom Fabric Front Seat Covers - Tan/Black (97-02 Wrangler TJ) 13240.04
Rugged Ridge Custom Fabric Front Wrangler Seat Covers Pair Tan/Black 13240.04 (97-02 Wrangler TJ) - Free Shipping

The matching rear cover would be nice too
Rugged Ridge Custom Fabric Rear Seat Cover - Tan/Black (97-02 Wrangler TJ) 13281.04
Rugged Ridge Custom Fabric Rear Wrangler Seat Cover - Tan/Black 13281.04 (97-02 Wrangler TJ) - Free Shipping

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
They are not cheap, but I highly recommend BarTact seat covers. Formally know as Trek Armor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those certainly look and sound very nice...that price though. $600 for the set seems pretty steep. Would those really be worth the price of 3 sets of the Rugged Ridge or other brands?

·
Registered
387 Posts
They are not cheap, but I highly recommend BarTact seat covers. Formally know as Trek Armor.
X2, got a pair coming for my LJ. I had some color swatches sent as well, and I couldn't destroy them. I put them in the shower, scuffed them on the concrete, and they still looked good. Give Sal a call or email and he will help you out.

Also, check out this review: https://youtu.be/Ldaand1N3rU

·
Registered
519 Posts
And worth every penny.
I don't doubt it but I would feel like it was necessary to leave the top off and let it get rained on, and mud soaked. And for a TJ? I would wager I could get a set of seats at the scrap yard for the same money. Don't get me wrong. For the right user, I would definitely recommend and will if I am ever asked but :bottom:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't doubt it but I would feel like it was necessary to leave the top off and let it get rained on, and mud soaked. And for a TJ? I would wager I could get a set of seats at the scrap yard for the same money. Don't get me wrong. For the right user, I would definitely recommend and will if I am ever asked but :bottom:
Agreed. They might be great, but I feel like that money could be spent better elsewhere, which is why I am just looking for something that gets the job done but is not a piece of crap. That other one I linked is less than half the price, I'm just not positive how good it is.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
X3 for the Bartact's. They get used every day since they are on the jeep full time. they clean up very easily. Even though they are expensive, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As far as neoprene, the answer is yes. They can get somewhat hot in the summer sun and black will start to fade to a purplish color with too much sun exposure. I went with these because they were cheap but surprisingly they fit really well and are still holding up! I figured I could just toss them when they wore out but it's been two summers so far and they are fine. But I do get sweaty in the summer sitting on them. I might go for the Bestop covers next, I saw some in person and I like them a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts