Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my dog jump in and out of my jeep . . . long story short there is a gash (not quite cut all the way through) on the passenger seat of my JKUR HR. Not exactly happy about it but I suppose its my fault. Any recommendations of quality seat covers that I can leave on full time/long term? Im not looking to break the bank but at the same time I definitely dont want something that looks cheap or doesnt fit correctly. I love the look of the rubicon leather and headrest stitching and hate to cover it up with something that doesn't look good . . .

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Buy once, cry once. The best out there are bartact. I have a set and they still look new 2 years later (I have 2 dogs). Easy to clean and tear resistant. The problem with a lot of cheaper ones is the fit and that they fade. Plus, these are pretty much fitted. Other might have some that they like, but I would just spend the money. Check out some of the vendors. If they have a set in stock you can get a slight discount. They really are worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SOCALGAL and deeve

·
Registered
65 Posts
I second Bartact. The really do fit well and dont slide around. I am a big guy and a jacked up jeep has me slide in and out of the jeep and the covers have stayed in place. I live in texas so its hot all the time it seems and i dont think these are any warmer than my leather was. I had them on about a year no issues with a 75 lb dog in all the time.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Having experienced the wear and tear caused by my dog to my previous Wrangler's upholstery, I bought a pair of Bartacts while my current Wrangler was on order. I installed them before his first ride. Now Gus can scratch, claw, slobber and occasionally vomit on my seats all he wants.

I do have to wipe them down with a hot wet towel every now and then.

Reactions: SOCALGAL

·
Registered
253 Posts
Northrige has the best price I could find on Bartact a few weeks ago when I ordered mine. They offer a 10% off forum discount and free shipping and that brought them down to about $550 shipped for fronts and backs.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Not debating because I haven't owned the Bartact, but like the feel and fit of the Carharrtts I bought last year. Kind of that smooth but rough-ish original Carhartt fabric feel that has been softening up with use, just like the original coveralls. Like the tan color as well. Nothing the dog does can snag it so far and hair not a big deal, either. Just a different fabric preference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Would you still use Bartact over factory leather?
I plan on either AEV or Bartact over my factory leather.
The leather quality and ( perceived) durability on my '15 really isn't that good, and my jeep is getting thrashed inside quickly.
I'd already have them, but my seat heaters only do "warm" and I fear that if I get covers any hope of seat heat will be gone forever due to the double layer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I plan on either AEV or Bartact over my factory leather.
The leather quality and ( perceived) durability on my '15 really isn't that good, and my jeep is getting thrashed inside quickly.
I'd already have them, but my seat heaters only do "warm" and I fear that if I get covers any hope of seat heat will be gone forever due to the double layer.
Aftermarket seat heaters are cheap (Amazon) and fast to install. Just put a set between the factory seat cover and the AEV or Bartacts when installing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dont want to sound redundant, but Bartact. I just installed mine....awesome product. I was also looking at Rufftuff (I liked their cammo), but was steered to Bartact by this forum. I so love the look, feel, and fit of my new seat covers. I replaced my two-year old Cover-kings, which were all strechted out.

Highly recommend Bartact.

·
Gone Fishin
403 Posts
Not debating because I haven't owned the Bartact, but like the feel and fit of the Carharrtts I bought last year. Kind of that smooth but rough-ish original Carhartt fabric feel that has been softening up with use, just like the original coveralls. Like the tan color as well. Nothing the dog does can snag it so far and hair not a big deal, either. Just a different fabric preference.
Like the idea of the carharrt covers. Haven't bought one yet because the web site didn't show enough pics. And those that are there look like there is a lot of loose folds. Yours snugged on?

One of the best buys in my subaru was a cabelas rear seat cover. Canvas. Put a moving blanket under it and the dog has a great easy to clean seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats AEV seat covers ?

looking for good seat covers that can hold to the sun, rain, sand here in Florida.

My selections

1. Bartact Tactical
2. Wet Okole
3. Supertrim

Any feed back on selection

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'll eventually gets some seat covers, I have side airbags so I have to make sure they are compatible. Quadratec carries Bartack, don't forget if you CALL Quadratec and tell them you are a forum member you get a member discount.

https://www.quadratec.com/search/bartact seat covers

Just got my temporary seat cover yesterday. :D

Reactions: Phynal

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'll eventually gets some seat covers, I have side airbags so I have to make sure they are compatible. Quadratec carries Bartack, don't forget if you CALL Quadratec and tell them you are a forum member you get a member discount.

https://www.quadratec.com/search/bartact seat covers

Just got my temporary seat cover yesterday. :D

I used those towels for two summers. The kids love them so much. When I put on my Bartact covers they complained until I put the towels over the Bartacts.

Reactions: SOCALGAL
1 - 20 of 20 Posts