Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a seat cover that actually fits good and looks good? I'm thinking about going with neoprene but I know that it damages pretty easy. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah, Mossy Oak covers look nice. I took mine off though because they tend to billow when riding around topless.

I have neoprene now and don't have any issues. They get a little hot, but they are durable. I don't think they tear easily like you are thinking.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
neoprene is a tough material, it shouldnt tear easily. thats why they make alot of hunting boots and waders out of it. as for the mossy oak covers, i like the look, but they dont seem to fit too good lookin, i think i'm actually gonna head to my memaw or my nana and have one of them sew me up some custom fit seat covers. my memaw made some for my dads old 75' VW bug and the fit nice and snug and looked good too

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I put new Bestop Trailmax Pro cloth seats in the front and a neoprene seat cover on the back seat for my lab. Lab nails, wet dog, and sun haven't hurt the neoprene!

·
Registered
492 Posts
ive got neoprene on mine, they look good ( black outsides with tan inside) against my tan interior

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
the only warning that i have for neoprene is that they are NOT waterproof, but more water resistant. they will bead up for a dew secs but if you don't wipe them quickly, it soaks in and seems to take longer to dry than without seat covers. just my experience with them. they fit really well and looked great tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a red jeep and I have black neoprene seat covers. They look great and fit pretty tight. The only thing is that they are advertised as waterproof and they are more like water resistant. Good for going mudding because it saves the seats underneath but I suggest hand washing them or hosing them off because I put mine in the washing machine(like the tag said) and ended up with stetched wrinkles in them. After sitting in them for several days they eventually came out.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Hmm. My neoprene seat covers are water proof. That's what they make wet suits out of. What brand do you have? I'm sure they look great and function well, but I am just curious.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Neoprene will appear to be wet after exposure. But I think if you check the seat padding and underside of the neoprene it will be dry. In other words, it doesn't go all the way through.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Dare2BSquare said:
Neoprene will appear to be wet after exposure. But I think if you check the seat padding and underside of the neoprene it will be dry. In other words, it doesn't go all the way through.
Right. I agree with you on that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts