Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Rubi for a couple of weeks now and I love it, I can't stop finding excuses to drive it. Everything is great except I started getting a seat creaking noise whenever I brake/accelerate. Its driving me crazy, I sprayed the rails with some WD40 and ran the rails forward/back and nothing. I adjusted the angle and height and I still get the creaking. What else could it be?

·
Registered
823 Posts
My passenger side squeaked as well. I managed to stop it by simply moving it back and forth and tightening the bolts that mount the seat to the floor. So far so good :thumb:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I usually blame the dog.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the torque again for the seat bolts?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My drivers seat does it to. I was just going to let the dealer know next time I am there. It very annoying. Any forward or backward movement I make the seat creaks. I only weigh 175lbs so I don't think it's my weight!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Mine does it too on the driver's side. I have the underseat box so I figured that had something to do with it. The torque for the seat bolts is listed at ~50ft/lbs but from the factory they are closer to 100 so i retorqued them to that setting after installing the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts