Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 76 year old woman, whose husband just bought a 95 Jeep Wrangler. He needs new front seats, so I'm on a mission to help (with very little knowledge!) What I'd like to know is will the front seats from a 2016 Wrangler fit his 95 Wrangler? I found some a guy is wanting to replace with fancy seats, and If they'll fit, I'll make my hubby a present.

Thanks for any help you all can give!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wish I had a yes answer for you, maybe one of the others will chime in with details but anything is doable if your husband has some fabrication ability. I am considering the same swap if I can find the right JK seats. My buddy has a 2015 Red Rock addition and his seats are way more comfy than me Corbeau seats in mine. His are much better than my stock seats were as well. Probably the only Direct bolt in are stock seats or aftermarket with adapters.

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
I don't know if the newer Jeep seats will fit easily or not. How much does the seller want for the seats? If they're free, grab them and hopefully you & hubby can make them fit. If not....

Check out Quadratec or Morris 4X4. Both are sponsors of this forum and have inexpensive replacement seats. And more expensive ones too.

I have the Bestop Trailmax II seats and they work well for me. They seem to sit a bit taller than my old stock seats, but that can be because the old seats were shot and the foam was compressed and the springs might have been sagging.
The seats are 4 years old and still look like new.

Sometimes they go on sale, or always ask for a senior discount (I do).

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
You might be able to get them to work but i doubt it. They look thicker in the seat and physically bigger, the JK is a fullsize vehicle your YJ is not. If they were free i would see if i could get them to work but your probably wasting your time.

Reactions: Luckymac

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought a pair of seats for my yj and they bolted up perfectly but the seat was quite a bit higher than the originals. I sold them and had my old ones recovered.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a set of the smitybuilt from Quadratec $150 ea I am real happy with them. Look like stock bolt on with no mods, if you want recliners there $250 I didn't see the need in a jeep.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Short answer: No, they will not bolt in.

Longer answer: You might be able to get them to work with some fabrication, but you're looking at an unspecified amount of time and materials to do the job when there are plenty of other (easier, quicker) options available.

Most of those options have already been outlined above. Good luck!

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I do hope that you and your husband have good backs because the YJ will abuse them. To put it the words of a YJ owner on another forum who had high quality aftermarket springs and shocks, "It rides like a Cadillac...that's been pushed off a cliff!"
:lmao:

·
Registered
629 Posts
@mztilbel - The suspense is killing me. Have you given any more thought to the seats? A suspension seat (with the springs under the padding) will give the best cushioning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts