Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah you know, with the pull tab... well my pull tab doesn't do anything. Does someone have a diagram that will show me where that hooks to hook to something that hooks to something that hooks to that little flipper I found under the seat that makes it "tumble" forward? any help. anyone? I'm over here :wavey: my kids can't get in... well they could but I'm the driver and as such I shouldn't have to move... ok thats not true but it is annoying.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Did you google "thingy". If so, you won't get the results you want.

Try "doodad" or "thingamajig". :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect! thank you very much. I couldn't see anything while trying to cram my over sized melon under the seat. I will pull some foam and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
SinfulDragon said:
This is payback for beating you to the quad joke isn't it :rofl:
No comment. ;)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The cable sometimes pops off underneath the seat. Mine did a few times, and I didn't even have to remove any foam; looking underneath the seat, I could see the cable and where it was supposed to attach to. If that's not your problem, you might have to do the replacement.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have this issue too. Good to know the seat cushion pulls out. I didn't want to have to take the seats out to fix it (which is why it is still broken 2.5 years later!).

BTW - if you search "seat flipper thingy" on Google, this thread is the #1 hit. :rofl:

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,688 Posts
There's a how-to somewhere on this...I forgot to bookmark it...which sucks cuz my cable snapped and pulled out too.

There's a lever under the seat somewhere that will pop it...I'm thinking of just rigging something up to work underneath the seat (short cable with a handle or something) rather than trying to fix it right. Looks like a real PIA to fix...especially since I've got a seat cover on there that fits awful tight. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts