Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a set of the seat risers for my tj. Has anyone used them? What are the pros and cons? Would you recommend them and if so any particular kind?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put a set of pucks i ordered online, bolts and pucks for about $35. They raised it a little over an inch. I am sure pleased with them, easier to see over the hood, left foot is more comfortable resting on the floor now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
One of the first mods I did. I love them. May be the cheapest "lift kit" you can get. :rolleyes:

You can put together your own set with a visit to the hardware store (take your old bolts with you for reference) or buy a kit. I can't see why one is better than the other functionally, but having it all delivered to your door may save you some trial and error.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I lifted my seats about an inch also and it made a big difference for me as well. I would recommend it. I bought a kit online but I can't recall who made it. I think it was around $30 and 10 minutes of my time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What years are your jeeps? I read that 97-02 were already lifted and 03-06 were lowered. I have a 97. Don't wanna get too high.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I fitted a Buchanan 1.5" seat riser kit (it came complete with all hardware) probable one of the best mods I've fitted for the money.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I fitted a Buchanan 1.5" seat riser kit (it came complete with all hardware) probable one of the best mods I've fitted for the money.
I reached out to these guys to see if they have something that will work on the JK.

·
Registered
298 Posts
my 01 seats are up about an inch due to my mastercraft seats. I hate it. The stock height was better for me. The seats make the windshield frame block the view for traffic lights and cause other visablity issues. I am 6' 2" in case you wonder. Now that i have had the seats for couple of years I am getting more accustom to the height but still would rather not be so high (in the jeep of course):angel:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking about buying about 2 inch longer bolts, and a ton of washers to accomplish the seat lift. Maybe a few plastic washers to minimize vibration.

thoughts? :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts