Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My YJ came with the non reclining Smittybilt seats and they were ok other than not being adjustable and what not. I then ordered the Bestop Trailmax pro seats, they are very comfortable, but I'm 6'4'' 285 lbs, and the seats are tall from the floor, and thick through the backrest, making me too high up, and too close to the steering wheel. I ordered a seat bracket from Corbeau that lowers the seat, but I cant recline it because its up against the "B" post of the roll bar.

Here's my question, is there a set of seats that are not going to be tall, or thick through the backrest, and water resistant. I want to drive it to work and if it rains, be able to just shami cloth the seat and go. I'm not above using seats from donor cars or what not, but I still want the waterproof factor. even if this means just getting a good form fitting seat cover that will do that.

Any ideas YJ gurus?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I installed the Corbeau brackets with my Corbeau Moab seats, and while I was initially surprised that reclining was limited by the bar, I realized that I liked the new seats so much, and I almost never actually recline my seats, that I just left them. But that’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
705 Posts
Just installed a set of seats out of 2001 Pontiac Sunfire paid $125 for the pair, direct bolt in on the YJ sliders, they recline, and don't sit higher than stock YJ seats, they come in cloth or vinyl.

Seats 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you are 6'4", find a seat that fits how long your back is and measure it. Many seats for Jeeps seem to be on the short side. That's how they started in 1941 and continued that way for a long time, maybe until the TJ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good tips here!! Looking for new/different front seats - ugh! My factory seats are :poop: for road trips. I'm 'odd' too - lol. Only 5'1" and do NOT like the high back seats. Block my vision too much. And the headrest pushed my head forward. The first thing I did when we got the 2014 off the lot was to remove the front head rests. I wanted to take the back HR off too - not easy, since I had already covered all with neo-covers [a job!] Hub wasn't crazy about making mods when it was brand new :cautious: Now, that's it's getting some years on it, he doesn't mind:) It is my DD. Also searching for something/hinges to keep the front door open until I exit - unless I'm parked on a right leaning incline, I have to hold the door open with my foot to get out. Other than the front seats & doors I :love: my Jeep.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,309 Posts
Good tips here!! Looking for new/different front seats - ugh! My factory seats are :poop: for road trips. I'm 'odd' too - lol. Only 5'1" and do NOT like the high back seats. Block my vision too much. And the headrest pushed my head forward. The first thing I did when we got the 2014 off the lot was to remove the front head rests. I wanted to take the back HR off too - not easy, since I had already covered all with neo-covers [a job!] Hub wasn't crazy about making mods when it was brand new :cautious: Now, that's it's getting some years on it, he doesn't mind:) It is my DD. Also searching for something/hinges to keep the front door open until I exit - unless I'm parked on a right leaning incline, I have to hold the door open with my foot to get out. Other than the front seats & doors I :love: my Jeep.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Leave the doors at home! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts