Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow JK owners,

I am the proud owner of a 2014 JK Sahara. It's Anvil, by far my favorite Wrangler offering for 2014 and in general it's the best put together of my previous two Wranglers, a 2014 JK Sport S, also Anvil and a 2013 JK Sport S in True Blue.

Anyway, I have a really annoying rattle in my Jeep and it's driving me crazy. I'm an automotive interior plastics engineer and know a fair amount about S&R and tracking down the source of one. By systemically removing parts from the Jeep, I have isolated the rattle to the rear seat.

When the seat is out, no rattle, when it's flipped forward, no rattle. When the seat is in the full upright position and locked in place, I get a metal on metal rattle from the seat back, passenger side, lower and I can't seem to pin it down to any component of the seat. Everything seems tight and nothing looks misassembled.

Has anyone else had this and come up with a fix other than removing the seat altogether?

Also, does anyone else have a seat that will not lock in the tumbles up position? My seat won't no matter if both front seats are full forward and the rear headrests are removed. I never tried it in previous Jeeps so I didn't know if it should or not. The owners manual says it should but I have seen incorrect owners manuals before and would like some real experiences with this feature shared if anyone cares to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If it's a 2014, it should be under warranty, so I would take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts