Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6'4" and still feel like I'm sitting low in my 06 X. Worth looking into a seat raiser? Best brand or method ?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
6'4" and still feel like I'm sitting low in my 06 X. Worth looking into a seat raiser? Best brand or method ?
interesting, Im 6'1" and I have no problem with visibility. As for an answer for your question, I know people have used hockey pucks as spacers.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm 16 years old and 6'3. Driving with my steering wheel up all the way and my seat fully back and I'm still squished, my knees dog into my other keys on my keychain next to the ignition I can't put my leg outside on my foot pegs without being completely squished. The struggle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm 16 years old and 6'3. Driving with my steering wheel up all the way and my seat fully back and I'm still squished, my knees dog into my other keys on my keychain next to the ignition I can't put my leg outside on my foot pegs without being completely squished. The struggle.
Mmmm , I'm 6,5, 40 plus y/o, and I dont feel so squished in my TJ. I know wranglers are not the most comfortable vehicle, but it is not bad for me. Of course for long trips I prefer my 06 Tacoma, much more roomy.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,020 Posts
6'4" and still feel like I'm sitting low in my 06 X. Worth looking into a seat raiser?
Yes for sure, 2003 and newer seats were dropped pretty close to 1.5", to better align front-seat passengers with the air bags. The later seating height is no fun.

interesting, Im 6'1" and I have no problem with visibility. As for an answer for your question, I know people have used hockey pucks as spacers.
That's because your TJ was made before the seat height was lowered in 2003.

I had a '97 & the seat height was fine but my '04 TJ's seats were low enough that I installed 1.5" aluminum spacers to bring them back to the same height they were in earlier Wranglers.

You can see one of the aluminum spacer pucks on the bolt underneath the wrench, between the seat and floor pan. TJ seat spacers are commonly available on eBay.com or Amazon.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
5'11" and I feel like my seats are at the right height. I added 1.5" risers and felt like it was too high.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can make risers, you will need longer bolts. Note one bolt is not like the others, the seat belt attach bolt is larger. you should know this and find a longer one before starting this project, It is also a torx head, high torque bolt, be sure you can remove it, before doing anything on this. The seat belt bolt is larger for your safety, make sure you find a suitable grade 8 replacement for it.
Good luck
I am 6'1" in an 06 LJ, the extra 1" or so was good for over the hood visibility & a bit of leg room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts