Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of finding new seat covers since my original cloth ones are fading to that purplely black color and I really started noticing them last summer with the top off. (My roll bar cover is also that color so I need to do something about that too... Since I didn't notice it so much with the top on over the winter with the top on, and haven't had the chance to remove it yet this year - too much rain so far - I figured now would be a great time to search.

Anywho, I found some seat warmers that would be nice to install as a little (upcoming) winter treat, but my question is this: Can we just put the seat warmers on top of the old, original seat covers and install the new seat covers over them? I noticed on a review for the seat warmers that they said it needed to be below the cushioning of the seat (not dealing with seat covers). Would the seats get too hot just laying them on top the original seats and then covering them with the new seat covers and would the wiring be in danger without the padding?

I'm carefully looking for seat covers so it's not a rush, just would like to know before I went to the effort to install the warmers and then the covers. Definitely by winter time!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I thought it might work, but wanted to check first - sounds like it's gunna be a new winter!

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
230 Posts
It would be very odd to install warmers under the cushions of the seats, as the heat would take forever to push through the cushion into the cul de chauffeur.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
502 Posts
I added two rocker switches to the panel just below the window switch, ran the wires to the seats down through the center console/ gear shift console and out the sides next to the seatbelts. Sticky back tape to the original seats and then light neoprene covers over the top of them - works great. DSC_1913.jpg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I added two rocker switches to the panel just below the window switch, ran the wires to the seats down through the center console/ gear shift console and out the sides next to the seatbelts. Sticky back tape to the original seats and then light neoprene covers over the top of them - works great. View attachment 4513050
Pretty much what I did, except that I taped/glued the heating pads to the undersides of the aftermarket seat covers rather than to the seat surfaces.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Between the cushions and the covers. Place the between the radio and the window switches (now if I only could find that pic...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts