Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to get rid of the seatbelt flap with the top down and doors off?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought the seat belt shoulder pad and put it on the belt down by the floor. No more flapping. Spent $8.00 each at checkers.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I bought the seat belt shoulder pad and put it on the belt down by the floor. No more flapping. Spent $8.00 each at checkers.
X2

I bought a couple at autozone and they were too tight to let the seatbelt spool in. I returned them and got some "custom accessories" ones at Walmart. You cannot even tell they are there. I even keep them on in winter. I go doorless all the time and there zero flapping now.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
X3

We got our seatbelt pads from amazon. About $6/each and free Prime shipping.

Some people have also had success with double sided Velcro, but I'm not quite sure what they wrapped to where. I think if you do a search you should be able to find the thread. It's been within the last week or so...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Harborfreight.com Velcro Straps $ 6.99

3/4" x 35 Ft. Roll Hook and Loop Cable Strap
Central Flex - item#96215

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check your local $1 Store for velcro straps or dog collars. I was able to find 4 small dog collars that work perfectly.

Google "$1-seat-belt-flap-fix", which will bring you to another forum with photos. that I posted.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tie wrap it to the roll bar, instant fix!
I tried that and it didn't work for me. The problem is that the flapping comes from the belt hitting the plastic moulding. Securing it to the roll bar doesn't keep it close enough to the moulding to stop the flap.

·
Registered
503 Posts
ditto. First thing I noticed when i went topless for the first time! It drove me crazy. I got mine from Walllyworld. Only a few bux each.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ditto. First thing I noticed when i went topless for the first time! It drove me crazy. I got mine from Walllyworld. Only a few bux each.
^+3. The ones from WalMart exactly matched the color of my seatbelts....you can't even notice them unless you're looking for them. Dirt cheap fix.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
^+4. The black walmart ones.. 3 bucks. Worked like a charm!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
^+5

Walmart

·
Registered
1 Posts
Feed the seat belt behind the plastic trim. There's a separation at the bottom to do this. There are two plastic push pins. The one at the top don't push all the way in so your belt returns ok. Worked awesome and it's free

1 - 14 of 14 Posts