Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 wrangler sport.

When I take off my seatbelt it is not coiling back into it's house. Anyone have a quick fix I can try before taking it in to be replaced? Or is it something that I could replace myself?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's kinda sketchy thinking about it. I really don't want to have my seatbelt fail me. Could also possibly result in a fail for inspection.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Its not broken or unsafe to drive with. It doesn't retract because after years of use gunk gets in the seatbelt and the springs wear out. A combination of wd40 to clean gunk out and lithium grease to lube it up will help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I took mine off and knocked all the sand and crap out of it. its been working good for years now.

2nd on the make sure its safe first comment above

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not broken or unsafe to drive with. It doesn't retract because after years of use gunk gets in the seatbelt and the springs wear out. A combination of wd40 to clean gunk out and lithium grease to lube it up will help.
I took mine off and knocked all the sand and crap out of it. its been working good for years now.

Thanks i'll see what I can do w/ this. Makes sense.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

I may have to go try that on mine. I just assumed the spring had gotten weak and didn't know if there was anything I could do about it. At least it's not as bad as the one in my Blazer. It'll hang out the bottom of the door if I don't feed it back in :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts