Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running stock seats in my YJ but time for an upgrade, they're feeling "lumpy" and my @$$ is hurting from sitting in it for 2+ hours daily in my commute.... I remember seeing somewhere on the forum about swappable direct bolt-in seats and as per my technological difficulties, I cannot find it... :banghead:

What is everyone running in your rigs? Pics please! :punk:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your lucky, the P.O put a Momo racing seat in mine and i cant get it out because he decided to use a hammer after bolting it in i believe, that or its just attached to the brackets to begin with. I hate it so much, its like sitting on a plank of wood. I remember that thread your talking about but im not having much luck finding it either. sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
2001 sunfire seats from a local u pull it junkyard, took about twenty minutes to get

2001 sunfire seats from a local u pull it junkyard, took about twenty minutes to get out. Black fabric and look like new changes the look of the Jeep. Two seats and the plastic fuse box cover $55.00 not a bad deal!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Keep in mind that 91 and earlier YJ's attach to the seat pedestals differently that post 91.

91 and earlier attach with posts on the sliders that drop down into the pedestals and are bolted on.
Post 91 mount to the sliders and pedestals with a torx 40.

When removing the cavalier seats, or whatever you want to use, take the siders as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
all these are direct bolt in swaps to the YJ.

Direct Bolt in Swaps:
98 Cavalier SeatsSunfire: '95-'03, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)
Cavalier: '95-'03, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)
Sunbird: '99-'01, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)
Olds Acheiva: '96,'97
Grand Am: '95-'01
Grand Prix: '95-'01 (These WILL NOT direct bolt into a late 70's CJ
I Hope this helps

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I'm running '97 Grand Am seats in my YJ. Direct bolt-in. I got them at my local Pull-Your-Part yard.

The pics make them look lighter, but they match my black interior really well. And they're lightyears more comfortable than my stockers!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
98 Cavalier SeatsSunfire: '95-'03, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)
Cavalier: '95-'03, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)
Sunbird: '99-'01, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)
Those Cavvy/Sunfire seats are direct bolt-ins to lots of vehicles. I picked up a set for my S10 (which has a bench). Just have to get around to installing them.

Denis

·
Registered
423 Posts
Be aware that most seats ride higher than the stock seats. I put in the Corbeau Moab seats in my YJ. Direct bolt in, look and feel fantastic. Only issue, I am 6'0" (not overlly tall) and my head hits the soundbar if i sit upright and lean back. Not a huge deal, i hardly ever notice it, but the YJ stock seats rode about 2 inches lower

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a pair of 94 Mustang seats. Cloth and tan and they sit higher. Found them on CL so I didn't have to scour the junkyards and try and unbolt them only to find the last bolt wouldn't come off.

PS The original holes are 13.5 front to back. The Mustang seats were 14 so I had to open them up a little with a round file

·
Registered
122 Posts
I need new seats in my '88 YJ Sahara . Can anyone tell what seats will fit it as a "direct bolt in " ? Want the low back style, so those riding in back can see ahead.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
snowbrd84 said:
Be aware that most seats ride higher than the stock seats. I put in the Corbeau Moab seats in my YJ. Direct bolt in, look and feel fantastic. Only issue, I am 6'0" (not overlly tall) and my head hits the soundbar if i sit upright and lean back. Not a huge deal, i hardly ever notice it, but the YJ stock seats rode about 2 inches lower
This could work out well for me. I'm 5'4" lol

I've been thinking about getting these in my lime green YJ

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=380548415312&index=4&nav=WATCHING&nid=02406112533

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the Mastercraft Rubicons front with a matching rear bench. They hold my big arse in one place when the fit hits the shan. :thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
^ Those looks nice... How much you pay for those? Do you guys just stick with the 3 point seat harness? Or do you end up doing that 5 point?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts