Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to take the Labs out for some adventures with us this year, and I am wondering what material is best for repelling dog hair? My stock seats are like a dog hair magnets. I'll also be throwing a rug down in the back to keep as much as possible off of the floor too. I'd really prefer to keep the original carpet.

Thoughts, opinions, experience?

Registered
Well having dogs that shed in the car is a furry situation no matter what馃槈. But I have seat covers and they are also dog hair magnets. I think the best solution would to just carry one of those hair rollers in the glove box.

Registered
Best way to get dog hair off of seats....grab a cheap rubber glove, put it on and run your hand along the seat. You can get into the cracks of the seats easily this way too. It really does work great. The dog hair will stick to the glove like metal to a magnet.

Registered
My Lab rides in my TJ every time I drive it and he sheds like there's no tomorrow....best way I have found to deal with the shedding is to cover the back of the tub in a big furniture matt (moving matt) and keep the dog in the back, do not let him jump up onto the front seats. And then vacuum often.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All good info/ideas. Thank you for that!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got 150 pound English mastiff puppy that sheds like crazy. I just bought this and it came in the other day and it fits perfect in the back even with the backseats down in my JKU. Pretty cheap too.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ZJOLBQ
I really like this idea the more I think about it. How do the sides stay up? Are you using velcro like others? Others have said the velcro doesn't work.

Registered
I have the same problem with dog hair...the cargo liner looks like it would do the trick..however still looking for front seat covers ....neoprene will not work...any seats in leatherette like stuff...hair wipes right off...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the same problem with dog hair...the cargo liner looks like it would do the trick..however still looking for front seat covers ....neoprene will not work...any seats in leatherette like stuff...hair wipes right off...
Agreed! I think I'm going to "invest" Iggees S.Leather seat covers and the cargo liner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts