Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scouring the forums and interwebs for a seat cover option for my busted up 00 seats. I'm not really liking the idea of spending $300 on seat cover to make my trashed seat look good and with the mixed reviews on the different cheap options, I'm not buyin it!

I want to know, what other vehicle seats have you mounted in your jeep???
I
I'm not looking for aftermarket options like Bestop or corbeau. I want junkyard, craigslist random cheap options that work.

Hope this helps others as well! Thanks jeepers!!!

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
99-2004 WJ Jeep grand Cherokee seats. Have them in my 98 and love them. The set cost me about $27 at a local pick and pull junk yard. Bolt right to the TJ tracks then trim the plastic panel on the sides and enjoy them.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Yours look really nice Neal! I have been on the lookout for a set of leather ones. I will get them one day!! LOL did you hook up the heaters or any of the electric portion?
Did not hook up the heat pads.

The electric motors were all part of the Cherokee seat base which were swapped out for the Wrangler bases so the motors went.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I saw on another forum someone once put tiburon vinyl seats in thier jeep and boy did it look good. Google Tiburon seats in TJ should find it somewhere. And for what's it's worth a tiburon was my first car years ago and I loved those seats. Only thing is the back seat but if you only want the front check it out cool stuff

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. My buddy just wrecked his tib last summer. Wish I would have know this then...bummer.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
I saw on another forum someone once put tiburon vinyl seats in thier jeep and boy did it look good. Google Tiburon seats in TJ should find it somewhere. And for what's it's worth a tiburon was my first car years ago and I loved those seats. Only thing is the back seat but if you only want the front check it out cool stuff
and the newer ones have heaters, 08 and newer i believe. I've been waiting for one to arrive at my local junk yards

·
Registered
263 Posts
and the newer ones have heaters, 08 and newer i believe. I've been waiting for one to arrive at my local junk yards
The tiburon's last year was 08. These seats can be found in 03-08 models. 03-04 are identical cars 05-06 same with minor upgrades/changes the 07-08 had a different exterior on the same chassis, interior had the same seats but offered red or black. Heated I believe are 05+ in some models. If you call a yard ask if it's vinyl/leather or cloth because some were cloth. Good luck though they are hard to find whenever I needed something I could never find one unless they were completely demolished

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
looks great and thanks for the clarification.

just got monstaliner and noise and heat shield so i hope to do one big project. just need to find some time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a pair of 04 WJ seats to replace my 01 - do they need to be manual slide on BOTH? I found a set but the driver side is powered....kinda worried about that factor matching into the TJ

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
WOW, those Tibby seats look damn good. that's hilarious/shocking.

well done guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts