Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently rebuilding a 95 yj and I am at the point of needing new seats. looking for some advice on brands to use and stay away from. I am currently looking at corbeau neoprene seats. asking for pros-cons .

Thanks for your time

Tim

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I dont know about now but back in the 80s a friend had the cloth one in a 78 Bronco and the lasted at lease ten years as a DD.

·
Registered
1995 YJ 4.0 5sp
398 Posts
I have Bestop replacement seats in my '94 Sahara. I put them in about ... 2 years ago I think? They are holding up great. I do keep the Jeep in the garage, which in the summer definitely helps by keeping it out of the sun when it is topless and doorless. The only negative with the particular seats I have is that they do not recline, but I've found that to be a non-issue, I just got used to them.

Still, for some reason I can't bring myself to get rid of the original Sahara seats :) They are taking up a lot of shelf space, but I just can't seem to want to get rid of them!

·
Super Moderator
12,680 Posts
Howdy Tim, Welcome to the forum. I, too, got the Bestop seats for my '87. They were less expensive than having the old seats repaired and recovered. I've put about 10K miles on them and they show no signs of wear. (garage & hardtop) Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Tim, I found some Chevy Cavalier seats in a junkyard from a car that only had 10000 miles before it was totaled. Bought for 50 bucks and bolted directly to the jeep's seat rails.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have a pair or Corbeau Baja RS seats and they are super comfy. The have bolsters so it's a nice "snug" fit when you sit in them, plus they recline, and are adaptable if you ever want to upgrade to a 4 or 5 point harness. I always heard good things about Corbeau since I got my Jeep 12 years ago and they were pricey but it's definitely the last seat I'll ever put in my Jeep, can't think of anything else I would need.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just put in some nice seats in my YJ out of a 2000 Sunfire. Cost 60 bucks for both.Would be a direct bolt in for yours. Really comfy and saved money for some other important jeep stuff!

·
Registered
303 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts