Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to run a 2nd sound bar in a 4 door. Figured it would fill the back seat more when going down the road. If anyone has tied this, and has pictures or a write up let me know.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to run a 2nd sound bar in a 4 door. Figured it would fill the back seat more when going down the road. If anyone has tied this, and has pictures or a write up let me know.
I went a different direction. I rebuilt my existing soundbar from the inside out with fiberglass, expanding foam, dynamat and polyfill. Then I dropped in some high quality Focal 6 3/4" coax speakers powered with 75wpc. It sounds great and has very nice mid-bass punch.

In previous builds I would have never taken this
much care for back speakers because I always wanted the sound stage in front of me. A Jeep is different because in my case I always have the top off and often the doors so I needed more volume out of my back to fill up the sound. The Jeep is for fun, not for critical listening.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Look on Quadratec, there are little speaker pods you can throw in the back where the roll bar mounts. I was considering this route, but think with some Alpine Type R's and 100x4 Alpine amp it will be plenty loud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts