Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Take the doors off, and there's no unlock button....... Or I suppose you could just unplug the door harnesses. Altho' I don't think the doors unlock with the button on the door, without being opened first, but that might be wrong....

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
You'd be better off installing Tuffy's underseat security drawer that mounts underneath the backseat. I had one in my first Wrangler and it was a great way to safely store items. Or Tuffy has a bigger version but you can't keep the back seat in with that one. Tuffy should have them available for the 2007 and newer models by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about both of those solutions. I am going to have the doors off as much as possible, but there will be times especially when I go to play golf when the doors will need to be on. The harness solution creates a problem with the electric windows. I just doubled checked and you do not have to open the door with the key fob to reach in and unlock.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I thought about both of those solutions. I am going to have the doors off as much as possible, but there will be times especially when I go to play golf when the doors will need to be on. The harness solution creates a problem with the electric windows. I just doubled checked and you do not have to open the door with the key fob to reach in and unlock.
Could you disconnect the wires at the lock assy? That's what I'd be looking at, if it were me.

Why do you need doors to play golf?:confused: Doesn't the door make it harder to get a good swing?

On a side note..... who wants to play Jeep Polo?:D

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
I think that your problem starts with the power windows and locks. Sorry. Had to be said....:rofl:

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
On a serious note, I have to assume that there is some way that you can set the power locks to disregard the tailgate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monkeee2002, If you saw me play golf, you would understand. I have said it a thousand times. If you do not want to be hit by my ball, leave your backyard and stand in the fairway!!! I need more mobility than a golf cart offers.....

Bruck, I listened to my wife and got auto, power windows and doors. In the 26 years we have been married, that strategy has usually paid off, not this time.

I am going to explore disconnecting the wire to the tailgate. I have looked everywhere for reprogramming the key fob with no luck. Thanks for the advice....

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have the vehicle security alarm, when you lock the doors with the key the inside switches will not work once the system is armed. Check the owners manual pgs.17-18-19.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts