Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying the softtopper frameless soft top. But I have a question.
When you have the top off/down. Where do you store it? behind back seat? can't someone just take it and walk away?

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
I usually stored mine in my garage, but when I took it with me I would always put it back up when I got to my destination. It goes on and off quickly enough, that it's not an issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have the besttop trektop NX and its either i have it on or off, if there is a little bit of a chance of rain i keep just the safari portion on, and the windows off

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Under my bed. I have the trektop NX. It's not really practical to pull apart & carry with you. I leave the safari top on & pull the rest. Or in a pinch use the sunrider feature, although I rarely use it.

Probably better off with the factory softop if you're wanting to pull back & carry onboard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm thinking of buying the softtopper frameless soft top. But I have a question.
When you have the top off/down. Where do you store it? behind back seat? can't someone just take it and walk away?
I stick it behind the back seat. Theoretically, yes, someone could walk away with it. Then again, since it goes on so easily, it comes off just as easily (easier in my opinion) that someone can walk away with it even if it's on the Jeep Safari style.

I ran mine from April to November always rolled behind the seat, occasionally putting it up if there was a pop up shower or if my wife and I were travelling more than an hour in the Jeep. Didn't have any issues.

I read on here somewhere about someone getting a PVC pipe and making a holder for their windows. I would bet you could do the same for the Softopper (it rolls up pretty tight) ... get a 12" PVC pipe, thread both ends, put the top and and screw the caps on. Chain it to your tub somehow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the Bestop Trektop NX and I just take the windows off and leave the safari top on. I leave the windows home unless there is a threat of rain, then I just roll them and store them in a bag behind the rear seat. I have never had them stolen....who would want them anyway? If they really wanted... they could take the whole top windows and all anytime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts