Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my Trektop NX back on my JKU and I'm curious as to how others secure their ride when they take the windows out. I have a deck cover but that only secures the cargo area.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to limit access into the backseat, other than a windjammer?

Obviously putting the windows back in is option number one, but I'd really like to go windowless all summer without having to worry too much about ensuring that all of my stuff is out of the back of my Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

·
At the end of the day a knife can get them whatever they want and most people carry one. Deck covers are great for hiding some stuff, I tend not to keep anything valuable in there if I am out and about and know I will be leaving the Jeep alone exposed (which is a lot around town).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the end of the day a knife can get them whatever they want and most people carry one. Deck covers are great for hiding some stuff, I tend not to keep anything valuable in there if I am out and about and know I will be leaving the Jeep alone exposed (which is a lot around town).

Yeah, I say this all the time. But I also say that even with the hardtop on, if someone wants in, they can break a window. Same holds true for any vehicle.

I try not to keep things of value in my Jeep but sometimes there's not much I can do about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
With a soft top on a jeep, you don't even need a knife to get in. I never leave anything valuable in my jeep. Locks are to keep your friends out, a thief is going to get in no matter what you do.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I keep a 90lb Rottweiler and a 160lb Great Dane in the Jeep and I've never had a problem :)

Seriously though, I've had the same thought, but the boys love to ride in back and anything I did to try and secure the space would limit their ability to ride. I just make sure that nothing valuable is left out in the open (sometimes I'll throw a bag or package down in the passenger footwell) and hope for the best. I do lock the doors, and roll up the windows if the dogs aren't in there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My JK has an alarm that activates the key fob up to 3 miles. If I had a smart phone it would call that. If someone reaches into the Jeep, as soon as their hand crosses the plane of the edge the alarm goes off. If they stand on the bumper or side rail to reach for something that will set it off too
I haven't had it out and about much but will be on a trip this weekend with lotsa goodies aboard. I'll report Monday how it went.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Tuffy Security Enclosure (worth every penny) in the back, locking boxes under the front seats, locked center console and glove box, nothing left out to view. It's not worth anyone's while to steal something you can't see.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tuffy Security Enclosure (worth every penny) in the back, locking boxes under the front seats, locked center console and glove box, nothing left out to view. It's not worth anyone's while to steal something you can't see.

Yeah I have a lock box under the drivers seat and I always lock the glove box and center console. I'm just looking to see if there's any other option, besides the windjammer, that keeps people out. Like a limo partition. I guess the windjammer is really the only option though.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
494 Posts
Not sure if it will fit with your top...but check out Dallaswilly's build thread. He recently added a carrich's tsilgate lockbox. Attaches to swing gate. He has a hard top n looks real nice. I'm curios how well it would work with my soft top. Box occupies area where soft top hangs when top is down.

·
Premium Member
9,562 Posts
My JK has an alarm that activates the key fob up to 3 miles. If I had a smart phone it would call that. If someone reaches into the Jeep, as soon as their hand crosses the plane of the edge the alarm goes off. If they stand on the bumper or side rail to reach for something that will set it off too
I haven't had it out and about much but will be on a trip this weekend with lotsa goodies aboard. I'll report Monday how it went.
I'm in the process of getting this installed myself, going the smart phone route. There is really no way to stop the pro's but you can at least attempt to slow them down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
'03 Rubicon, 5 small galvanized shackles(d-rings), set of 4 small master locks(same key for all), 1 bike cable approx 15 ft long. 1 cheap new SUV cargo floor mat(mine was $10, eBay). My rear seat departed B4 I got the Jeep.
1 shackle real tight(maybe locktite, not coming off without a tool and sweat) on each rear seat bracket. Last shackle on the rear seatbelt floor mount with the loop end of the cable into the shackle(it is permanently attached). Each of 4 locks to the 4 shackles at the rear seat brackets.
Tailgate bar lays on floors diagonally, then all 3 windows, followed by both upper front doors, with lower door bars facing opposite direction, one forward one rearward.
Then lace bike cable across to forward seat bracket and through lock(lock it down).
Free form the rest locking into all locks, make sure it results in "X" pattern, also laced through each upper door metal rod, finish with bike cable loop into last lock. Put cheap cargo mat over all, mine has a narrow end that covers the cargo net behind the front seats.
Now park almost anywhere, and when you come back a $1,000 worth on windows and doors will still be there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts