Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of my move I have realized that there is a lot of wasted space under the rear seats of my 2012 JKU and I was wondering if there was some sort of drawer system that I can replace the brackets and bolt the seat to.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Before you try all that... fold your seat down flat in the rear first.. then look at how much space you have.

I was hoping to put some amps under there, but once I folded them down most of the space went away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell the truth I am probably not going to be folding the seats anytime soon, mostly because of the new addition and the car seat that he needs.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
where the only thing people do is slap some washers under the front seat bolts to adjust the angle, and add a piece of wood under the middle seat so it does not feel like a hammock.

Some type of underseat storage would be great. I was thinking of some type of molle gear.
Well now, I didn't know about people doing that. You're saying people put washers under the front mounting legs of the rear seats to push the angle upwards a bit?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Well now, I didn't know about people doing that. You're saying people put washers under the front mounting legs of the rear seats to push the angle upwards a bit?
Yup....
One of those cheap mods I read about on here.

The angle of the rear bench is torture....it is too upright.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yup....
One of those cheap mods I read about on here.

The angle of the rear bench is torture....it is too upright.
Interesting. So the seat back isn't independent from the seat bottom? A few washers would increase the seat bottom incline while simultaneously increasing the seat back recline?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So......are there any products that anyone on this forum have found that replace the brackets on the bottom of the rear seats on a 2012 JKU that will allow me to store a couple of rifles securely and semi discretely (aka a box)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts