Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 door jk
recently Ive been abusing the ability to go topless. its fantastic. but while I am out and about, it always concerns me someone could be pillaging my toolkit, rain top, etc. Im looking for an option large enough to store things like the the rain top, a few tools, cables, and maybe some valuables. Ideally this mounted, lockable box would run the width of the back, ~2' long and about a foot high so I could still get the back seat in and out without sacrificing cargo room either. Anybody know of exactly what im dreaming of? those pull out (expensive) drawers seem too large

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tuffy makes good ones, I have the 275 for my jku. Nice and solid. I also like the Backbone brand. It costs more about $600 for it. I'm sure they make them for 2dr.

·
Registered
123 Posts
for valuables i.e. 45ACP, cell phones, camera, cash, passport, GPS and stuff I would look at the Tuffy under seat lock box. 1--You don't know it's there unless your really looking. 2--You'll need some serious time and the proper tool to get it out. 3--It is a seriously secure lock. 4--You haven't really lost any space.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2 door soft top and bought this. Great for locking up purses or guns, and only $196.

Tuffy 282-01 - Tuffy Security Products Tailgate Security Enclosure for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec
questions: this is basically two pieces of metal that form a box when the gate is shut?
still secure with back seats removed?
i assume its height is approximately the height of the tailgate?
this is probably what i need

for valuables i.e. 45ACP, cell phones, camera, cash, passport, GPS and stuff I would look at the Tuffy under seat lock box. 1--You don't know it's there unless your really looking. 2--You'll need some serious time and the proper tool to get it out. 3--It is a seriously secure lock. 4--You haven't really lost any space.
I need something that can store larger items, like the weather top, tools plus some accessories. ive considered adding these under seat options for the electronics, etc.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yup, I just received mine yesterday and will be installing it this weekend. I'm also going to order the Bestop console insert, and was also going to get the under seat storage box but found out it wouldn't work with my 2015 2 door Wrangler.

I need something that can store larger items, like the weather top, tools plus some accessories. ive considered adding these under seat options for the electronics, etc.
Be careful with the under seat boxes, I was going to purchase one then found that they don't work with some Jeep seats, especially the 'fold and tumble' front seats found on the newer 2 door jeeps.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Not sure how it would work when the unexpected "Wife stop" happens.
We go for a ride and end up buying a piece of furniture that barely fits in the Jeep when the seats fold down.
Security trunk back there, not sure how that would work?

I have the Tuffy boxes under each front seat (dead space) work nice for smallish stuff.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure how it would work when the unexpected "Wife stop" happens.
We go for a ride and end up buying a piece of furniture that barely fits in the Jeep when the seats fold down.
Security trunk back there, not sure how that would work?

I have the Tuffy boxes under each front seat (dead space) work nice for smallish stuff.
i went with the tuffy one. hoping it gets here by tomorrow or monday since we have 60s and 70s next week
for now i only have to deal with 'single life stops', beer, firewood, beer.
this weekend ill be picking up 2 toilets, so i guess goig forward ill have to remove it for those larger item pick ups

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
i went with the tuffy one. hoping it gets here by tomorrow or monday since we have 60s and 70s next week
for now i only have to deal with 'single life stops', beer, firewood, beer.
this weekend ill be picking up 2 toilets, so i guess goig forward ill have to remove it for those larger item pick ups
Well your single so you don't have to worry about "seat" position (on the toilets):)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes it's 2 16 Ga. steel panels that bolt to the floor using the bolts for the tie downs in the floor. It forms a trunk with the back seat up down or taken out. It's about as high as the tailgate and can be installed and removed in about 3 min. The only drawback is with a softop in the winter you can't fold the rear seat down and access the rear cargo area unless you remove it. In the summer you can unzip the rear window.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts