Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Seeking Advice/Opinions on Currie Lift Upgrade

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Imped 
#1 ·
I bought my '04 TJ Rubicon equipped with a 4" Short Arm lift, a Teraflex S/T disconnect system and 33" tires.

To increase clearance + performance for crawling, I would like to change/upgrade my lift kit, add a body lift and, ultimately, go up to 35" tires. After reading several threads on the the ongoing SA vs. LA debate, I'm thinking about going with the Currie Johnny Joint 4" kit as an alternative.

My questions (for now) are these:

1) Is the Currie system really that good (better than a LA system) and, if so, why?

2) If I go with the Currie suspension system, would I have to replace my Teraflex S/T system with one of the Currie disconnect systems? I kinda like the Teraflex system.

#3 ·
Is the Teraflex system you're talking about the one that just disconnects the sway bar? Doesn't really matter either way, it should work with any lift provided the actual sway bar links are the correct height (or can be made to be). You can get the Currie/Savvy lift with an Anti-Rock which is something you may want to look into.

As far as long arm vs short arm, that's a debate you'll probably have better luck with if you just search a bit. Most threads talking about it just get overrun with useless arguing without giving much good detail. In short, I don't know of any bolt on long arm kit I would bother running. Between the clearance and geometry problems they create the only way I'd use anything longer than short arms is if I was building the system myself.

The 4" kit from Savvy/Currie is a very good system; if you're looking for something bolt-on that rides great and will hold up to some serious use and abuse, you can't get much better than that lift. Gerald over at Savvy is great to work with.

Currie Johnny Joints Suspension TJ LJ
or with disconnects instead of the Anti-Rock:
Currie Johnny Joints Suspension TJ LJ antirock

#5 ·
The most important components in a link suspension are the links (control arms). The ends of Currie's links, the Currie JJ, are the best of their kind in terms of durability, simplicity, and silent operation. THAT'S what makes Currie the go-to guys if you want an awesome rig. Take a look at custom builds--what do a lot of guys use when they build links? Currie JJ's. I run them at all ends of my suspension and wouldn't recommend anything else, regardless of use.

Currie just flat out gets it--that's why a lot of vendors like Rokmen, Clayton, Poly Perf, Savvy, and GenRight use Currie parts. Go through Savvy and load up on the good stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.