Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and new to Jeeps (although I've craved one for many, many years.)

I've now had my black 2016 Wrangler Unlimited (Sahara) for 3 weeks. I just put 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classics wheels w/ Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3s on it (285/70/R17), with a 2" lift. I couldn't lift it too much more - my 5" tall wife has trouble enough climbing in without a running start! :)

Question: I now have a set of 5 stock wheels and tires (Bridgestone Dueler A/T, 255/70R18) to get rid of. They have 840 miles on them. Where's the best place to do that?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
384 Posts
if your tires and wheels still have the TPMS sensor in them they would go for about $500 realistic selling price here near Chicago.

just picked up a set of 2014 saraha wheels and tires for $250 with 20k on them, a set of 16" steelie JK wheels and tires with 20k for $150 and 17" sport wheels and tire set for $400 and they were basically new.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if your tires and wheels still have the TPMS sensor in them they would go for about $500 realistic selling price here near Chicago.

just picked up a set of 2014 saraha wheels and tires for $250 with 20k on them, a set of 16" steelie JK wheels and tires with 20k for $150 and 17" sport wheels and tire set for $400 and they were basically new.
Thanks for the data point. That's lower than I'd hoped, but we'll see what the market bears here. For that kind of money it might be worth it just to hold on to them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Two or three years ago when I had purchased my 13 JK new craiglist had very little as far as take offs for sale. They were also expensive. Now it seems things are flooded. I would check around as your location may have a different market than near me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just sold my take-off tires (no rims) off my new Hard Rock via Craigslist. They sold within 24hrs.

Give that a try. If that does not work lookup the smaller, independent tire shops. They probably will buy & sell used tires, at least they do around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts