Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
How are you all doing?
Im a newbie JK 13 owner and just got my seicane stereo. The installation process was so easy and simple. But i notice that the sound quality of my stock speaker has drop.
I dont hear the bass !! I tried to figer out whats going one and im not able it!! Went through the equalizer nothing is changing and the fader dont work as well.. all specker work even if i choose only the front speakers on fader option. Only the loudness is working...I cant figer out whats going on

Any help guys !!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the Seicane (10.1 with Android 8.0) in my 17 JKUS and found that the fader doesn't work. I love the head unit and simply put up with its few foibles. I have read a few threads about folks having problems getting it to play well with the Alpine amp, but haven't had those issues as my Jeep didn't come with an amp or subwoofer. As to the bass response, I changed from the Seicane app to a different app and now my bass, etc are adjustable. I also changed my launcher to Agama car play and absolutely love it. You just need to keep downloading different apps and try them. I would NEVER go back to my stock Jeep radio! This thing is "da bomb"!
WilliamA

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I have the Seicane (10.1 with Android 8.0) in my 17 JKUS and found that the fader doesn't work. I love the head unit and simply put up with its few foibles. I have read a few threads about folks having problems getting it to play well with the Alpine amp, but haven't had those issues as my Jeep didn't come with an amp or subwoofer. As to the bass response, I changed from the Seicane app to a different app and now my bass, etc are adjustable. I also changed my launcher to Agama car play and absolutely love it. You just need to keep downloading different apps and try them. I would NEVER go back to my stock Jeep radio! This thing is "da bomb"!
WilliamA

You have to go into FACTORY SETTINGS and turn amplifier to OFF, then your fade should work

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
You have to go into FACTORY SETTINGS and turn amplifier to OFF, then your fade should work

There is no option to shut off the amp in factory settings. It only option you can change is "loud on" or "loud off".

This fader issue is really getting on my nerves.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is no option to shut off the amp in factory settings. It only option you can change is "loud on" or "loud off".

I just installed my unit yesterday on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler, I am having issue with bluetooth streaming or talking on the phone. I don't hear anything on my side when I am playing music or talking on the phone. I found out that there is a "secret" menu:

1. Go to settings.
2. Under Car settings click on factory settings.
3. It will prompt you for a password: 126
4. Under this menu you will be able to access the CANBUS and change settings.

Hope this help disable the amp option for you, which I need to try myself because I have the Alpine sound system with the sub woofer and the sound sounds crappy at the moment.

I still haven't been able to locate my problem with the bluetooth issue, I e-mailed support and I am waiting for a response.

If anyone knows what the issue could be let me know.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

That is not factory settings.

Factory setting is found in one of the sub menus and you have to enter your password to enter it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I gave up and installed an after market 12" sub and sub amp. Didnt know you can get the Alpine working. I dont think there was a fix when I ordered my seicane.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I just installed my unit yesterday on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler, I am having issue with bluetooth streaming or talking on the phone. I don't hear anything on my side when I am playing music or talking on the phone. I found out that there is a "secret" menu:

1. Go to settings.

Hope this help disable the amp option for you, which I need to try myself because I have the Alpine sound system with the sub woofer and the sound sounds crappy at the moment.

I still haven't been able to locate my problem with the bluetooth issue, I e-mailed support and I am waiting for a response.

Ok cool I'll give it a go, I installed a JL Amp and got rid of the stock Alpine and this is just another bug to work through. I replaced all my Kicker speakers with JL's and just want them to be the best they can.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys, after reading through these forums, someone mentioned to turn OFF the Amp in the Settings - Car settings - factory settings with the code 126, and that did the trick! Now the equalizer is working and the sub woofer is working fine. Now just got to figure out the best equalizer settings, I set mine to Rock and seems to be working fine. Now just have to figure out the bluetooth issue I am having.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! Can you share how you wired it up to the alpine system? The Alpine amp and everything is working well then?

DAVE

I didn't do anything special on the connections. Everything was pretty much plug and play. Now my only issue is the Bluetooth not working for the sound. Do I need to purchase the PAC Adapter?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

1. Go to settings.

what is the issue your experienceing with bluetooth? if its having issues with interfacing with the car it may be an adapter issue, you need to verify that the adapter its self is ELM327 compliant or equipped with a proper (current gen) ELM 327 microcontroller

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
what is the issue your experienceing with bluetooth? if its having issues with interfacing with the car it may be an adapter issue, you need to verify that the adapter its self is ELM327 compliant or equipped with a proper (current gen) ELM 327 microcontroller

I am able to connect to the Seicane device via bluetooth and everything works, except I don't hear any sound that is coming out from the phone via the speakers, like phone calls and music streaming although I am able to see the song playing and I could skip pause play rewind.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
what is the current phone you are using and the version of software of the HU? sounds like a BT setting may be out of wack, is your phone up to date on its software?

·
Registered
27 Posts
what is the current phone you are using and the version of software of the HU? sounds like a BT setting may be out of wack, is your phone up to date on its software?

Phone: Huawei P20 Pro (Up to date)
Seicane Model: HF S8 Series H201

Here are some settings that might be connected with my issue under the factory settings:

App:
BT: SD-968

CanBus:
Canbus: 46 JEEP&KRESS(Simple)
Type: 0 Cherokee

:worthy:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Phone: Huawei P20 Pro (Up to date)
Seicane Model: HF S8 Series H201

Here are some settings that might be connected with my issue under the factory settings:

App:
BT: SD-968

CanBus:
Canbus: 46 JEEP&KRESS(Simple)
Type: 0 Cherokee

:worthy:

Is the bluetooth phone connection working (talking and hearing)?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts