Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys what's working or do you find for useful apps?

I'm just getting going and like

• gmail
  • poweramp
  • google maps
  • JetAudioPro
And I just got Nova Launcher and LOVE it!! Highly customize-able!

So far what are you guys liking? I'd like to find a really good mp3 player that uses the file/folder structure on a USB stick.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I have

Black player
aCalender+
Microsoft outlook
gmail
Weather & clock
Acar
Sygic navigation (paid version)
IGO Navigation (paid version)
google maps
CarWebGuru
Yellow pages (local)
Honeywell Total Connect

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I'm just testing out MediaMonkey. It has what I find to be a clearer & easier method of sorting that includes folders as an option. Free & Pro versions.

I have to try that. I've done a lot of experimenting with music apps and I still haven't found one with good sorting features. I also havn't found one which doesn't take over your machine and attempt to load every time you start the jeep.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like Musicolet the most right now with Pulsar as a close second as far as mp3 players go. As for the launcher itself, I always use Nova Prime on my phones but bought Car Launcher Agama for my Jeep and I like the layout of it.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know of a good app for the AM/FM radio? I hate the stock widgets! (But the app itself is good.)
I havent found a good one yet but I'm looking for sure.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Waze, Google maps and IGO are the 3 nav apps, All have a place for me. I also run Torque, BackCountry Navigator, Maplets and Maprika depending on where I'm going off roading.

Then I have the usual stuff, mail client, gmail, etc.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Waze Rocks!! I've been looking for an AM/FM app and still nothing yet. Although I did find a great app to control my ICOM IC-7000

I can't get Torque to work with my bluetooth adapter. I bought a cheap one for $20 and then said ok let me spend some cash and I got a $90 one and still no good even after they sync up. I dunno got to mess up some more around it.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Hot Spot Starter (for android phones)

Great app. Download and set up on your android phone.
It senses your bluetooth connection to your android head unit, and automatically turns your android phone's hot spot on. Your Android head unit will the automatically connect to the hotspot. When you turn off the ignition (or turn off the head unit) hot spot starter sees the bluetooth connection dropped and turns the hotspot off.

I've had it for a month or so now and it works flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds cool Bob, I'll give her a go! Thanks

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Waze Rocks!! I've been looking for an AM/FM app and still nothing yet. Although I did find a great app to control my ICOM IC-7000

I can't get Torque to work with my bluetooth adapter. I bought a cheap one for $20 and then said ok let me spend some cash and I got a $90 one and still no good even after they sync up. I dunno got to mess up some more around it.
what adapter are you using? have you checked that it is ELM 321 compliant (or using a true ELM321 controler?) I would suggest the OBD Link MX (that is what I use and it is working perfectly with Torque pro/lite with no issues)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
what adapter are you using? have you checked that it is ELM 321 compliant (or using a true ELM321 controler?) I would suggest the OBD Link MX (that is what I use and it is working perfectly with Torque pro/lite with no issues)
I had an old BT OBD-II adapter lying around that I'd bought off Amazon back in 2013, plugged it in, paired it with my Dasaita headunit and it works great. Looks like the one I bought is no longer available, but this looks identical and might be worth a look: https://www.amazon.com/LZLRUN-Bluetooth-Scanner-Adapter-Diagnostic/dp/B0746H9Y9Z/

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I use Nova Launcher on my Pixel XL and have installed it on my Dasaita as well. Others have mentioned Pulsar and Torque, but I also installed BeyondPod to manage and play my podcasts. Nice to not have to stream them via BT from my phone but instead download and play them directly from the headunit. Was also hoping there would be alternative radio apps, but sounds like they're tied to the units themselves.

Hot Spot Starter also looks like a great app I'll be trying out.

Now that Torque will be much easier to access and useful, given the bigger screen, I'll be heading over to the Torque forums at https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewforum&f=1.0 to checkout the various themes and layout configurations others have come up with.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I also wrote a Torque Pro FAQ that might help out getting you started, link is also in my sig, or I can post it here if your interested.
Check out DashCommand. It's better than torque... although I do have more problems connecting it to a elm adapter than with torque.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts