Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased one of the Seicane 10 in touch screen stereos and have been attempting to put it in my 2015 Jeep JKU. My jeep has the Alpine sound system in it. I plugged in the harness and the CAN BUS adapter to the stereo and the jeep itself but i dont receive any sound. I noticed that my new harness has 8 speaker wires while the jeep harness only has 4?? Can anyone help me out here??:pullinghair:

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are a ton of thread on this topic. Search Dasaita/Seicane on the threads, and the user Mike Mike has a lot of knowledge on this topic

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
There are a whole slew of complications and headahces connecting any aftermarket head unit to the alpine premium sound system... and the plot gets even thicker with a chinese head unit. The alpine premium amp is not just an amp, but a sound processor as well. As a result from the 2 rear channels fed from the head unit, it generates its own front channels and subwoofer channel which are largely controlled by the jeeps can bus system. It's a good system.... just not very aftermarket friendly.

1) The alpine premium sound only uses your REAR speaker connections. Some of your audio from the chinese unit will come from the FRONT connections (maps, bluetooth... etc). In order to get ALL your audio to be heard you will have to connect the FRONT speakers of the head unit to the alpine amp (switch the front/rear leads on the head unit)

2) your balance control will work fine but your fade control will be inoperable. There is no fix for this.

3) If you have trouble hearing your subwoofer then you will have to junk the can bus adapter which came with the secaine and purchase PAC adapter.
https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/rp4-ch11

1 - 3 of 3 Posts