Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am looking to put in a front locker just for deep snow and some mud and river crossings in the spring...
I would like a selectable locker so when I am driving in 4wd on snowy/ icy roads, the front isn't going to be locked and make it difficult to drive with.
Does anybody no of a decent front D30 locker? Preferably selectable??
Any thoughts!

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
ARB and OX locker are the two selectable lockers that come to mind. ARB are expensive.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
All selectable lockers will "break the bank".. Unless you have gobs of money lying around then it really doesn't matter

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I'm still saving up for an Eaton to get ready for EJS! Those damn diapers are killing me!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just got my jeep back last night from a re gear and eaton e lockers install. They seem great after 1 day. Hopefully they last for a while

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Just got my jeep back last night from a re gear and eaton e lockers install. They seem great after 1 day. Hopefully they last for a while
What differential/axles do you run?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm still saving up for an Eaton to get ready for EJS! Those damn diapers are killing me!
It's okay, potty training isn't for everyone. I figured by now you'd be old enough, but you gotta go at your own pace. I'm not judging.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
It's okay, potty training isn't for everyone. I figured by now you'd be old enough, but you gotta go at your own pace. I'm not judging.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Should brought some sunscreen in this thread. Cause you just got burned!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Yeah yeah whatever. I made that one too easy.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Eaton E-locker, no air needed, cheaper than OX or ARB but still as tough
Not even close to being as strong or as tough. Not to mention one of the mods over on JF had problems with his Eaton E-Locker and Eaton basically told him to go pound sand, that if his E-Locker broke he must have abused it. :rolleyes: He (Wheeling98TJ) ended up replacing it with an ARB Air Locker.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not even close to being as strong or as tough. Not to mention one of the mods over on JF had problems with his Eaton E-Locker and Eaton basically told him to go pound sand, that if his E-Locker broke he must have abused it. :rolleyes: He (Wheeling98TJ) ended up replacing it with an ARB Air Locker.
Damnit jerry! i will be a success story then...or... be posting an install thread for ARB's. :rolleyes: I hope your wrong on this one.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hopefully its the 8.8 thats "in the process" on his profile, not the detroit locked d35 with 35 inch tires :eek:
:D HA, well after the inevitable catastrophic failure of my D35 due to donuts in a field on fresh 35" BFG mud terrains and Detroit locker, I decided enough dickin around and built up an 8.8 w/ Chromolly shafts and strong U-joints . Going along with Jerry's advice i also "Over Built" the D30 with chromolly shafts and such and with both did Eaton E lockers. Time will tell. Im not scared :punk:

·
Registered
203 Posts
In all seriousness though, From all the reading about the lockers i did it seemed to me that each locker had its own "issues". The ARB has frequent vacuum problems and water getting into the pumpkin due to lines and O-rings and you need a compressor (which isnt a bad thing just more $) and the E locker HAD essentially shear pins holding the gears locked but they re-made the locker a couple years ago and made it stronger. hopefully i wont have to deal with their customer service dept.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts