Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tying to figure out the best way to unload my wheels and tires when I get the Jeep (which should be in by mid-December).

Anyone have any experience/recommendations?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tying to figure out the best way to unload my wheels and tires when I get the Jeep (which should be in by mid-December).

Anyone have any experience/recommendations?
Craigslist. In DFW, new Rubicon take-offs (HR or not) sell for about $1k for all five. Only the solid black Willys take-offs sell for a little more...up to about $1.2k. Don't be surprised if you have to drop to $800 to sell them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Craigslist. In DFW, new Rubicon take-offs (HR or not) sell for about $1k for all five. Only the solid black Willys take-offs sell for a little more...up to about $1.2k. Don't be surprised if you have to drop to $800 to sell them.
I agree with everything but those prices. Maybe Austin is different. The ones that have been on CL for months are in that $1K price range. I paid $400 for a set of under-500-miles Sahara wheels and tires and those along with Rubicon wheels/tires were commonplace for $500-650.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I agree with everything but those prices. Maybe Austin is different. The ones that have been on CL for months are in that $1K price range. I paid $400 for a set of under-500-miles Sahara wheels and tires and those along with Rubicon wheels/tires were commonplace for $500-650.
I guess I should have said 'list' and not 'sell' which is why I said he would probably have to drop to $800. I don't think I've ever seen new Rubicon take-offs selling for as low as $500-650, however. Oddly enough the HR take-offs actually sell for LESS than the normal Rubi take-offs. Perhaps it's because they look just like Subaru rims :).

I paid $650 for my new Sahara take-offs but they are the black Altitude editions which go for more than the normal Sahara take-offs. The $400 you paid for yours was an excellent price.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I guess I should have said 'list' and not 'sell' which is why I said he would probably have to drop to $800. I don't think I've ever seen new Rubicon take-offs selling for as low as $500-650, however. Oddly enough the HR take-offs actually sell for LESS than the normal Rubi take-offs. Perhaps it's because they look just like Subaru rims :).

I paid $650 for my new Sahara take-offs but they are the black Altitude editions which go for more than the normal Sahara take-offs. The $400 you paid for yours was an excellent price.
I'll pay $500 for the first set of HR takeoff's delivered to my door....LOL

·
Registered
526 Posts
When you guys say you are getting ~1k+ for your hard Rock takeoffs are you INCLUDING the tires in that price? I am going to sell my black hard rock wheels but not the tires. I'm gonna keep the 32'' factory mud terrains for now. For the Hard Rock wheels alone in perfect condition should I be able to get 1k or so for the set of 5?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I sold the set of 5 2015 Rubi wheels/tires/TPMS sensors for $1500. A good price to be sure, but looking at Craigslist, it was a fair price locally. I can see a place like Dallas have more come up for sale and therefore drive the price down. What really got me was someone trying to sell Rubi wheels only (no tires, TPMS) for something like $1200. I assume that didn't go well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
So all you guys getting over 1k for your hard Rock takeoffs are with the tires? . How much can I expect to get for just the 5 wheels?

·
Registered
625 Posts
One thing I guess that should be pointed out, is that it really all depends on what market you are in. Those of us in big markets (DFW, Austin/SA, Houston, Atlanta, etc) are most likely seeing prices a good deal lower than those of you in smaller markets.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
sold my rubicon take-offs (wheels & tires) with 5,000 miles for $1,000.

bought willys take-offs (wheels & tires) with 3,000 miles for $840.00

Both transactions no TPMS included, so I had to swap my original sensors to the willys take-offs.
After sensor swapping and re-balancing, I was ahead like by $60.

·
Super Moderator
9,117 Posts
Sold my Rubicon and Sahara takeoffs in two days by separating the wheels from the tires and posting them on Craigslist.

The going price for a HR set around here (Los Angeles) appears to be $1,100: $600 for the wheels and $500 for the tires. Regular Rubicon takeoff wheels are $1,000: $500 for the wheels and $500 for the tires. Sold the Rubicon wheels to a fellow JKU owner; the tires to a guy in a 20-year old TJ.

I sold my Sahara takeoffs in two days as well. The 18" wheels went for $450 to a gentleman who showed up in a brand-new $55,000 Grand Cherokee Summit, and the tires for $400 to a guy who needed to replace the balding tires in his 20-year old Toyota 4Runner.

Good luck!

·
Registered
410 Posts
One thing I guess that should be pointed out, is that it really all depends on what market you are in.
I think it also depends on how cheap you are. :)

But I hope these high prices you guys talk about hold up when I go to sell my OE steelies with TPMS and tires with 400 miles on them this weekend. Sounds like I might just get all of my money back.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sold my Rubicon and Sahara takeoffs in two days by separating the wheels from the tires and posting them on Craigslist.

The going price for a HR set around here (Los Angeles) appears to be $1,100: $600 for the wheels and $500 for the tires. Regular Rubicon takeoff wheels are $1,000: $500 for the wheels and $500 for the tires. Sold the Rubicon wheels to a fellow JKU owner; the tires to a guy in a 20-year old TJ.

I sold my Sahara takeoffs in two days as well. The 18" wheels went for $450 to a gentleman who showed up in a brand-new $55,000 Grand Cherokee Summit, and the tires for $400 to a guy who needed to replace the balding tires in his 20-year old Toyota 4Runner.

Good luck!
Curious, how much did it cost for you to have the tires separated from the wheels??? I have a set of 5 Rubi tire/wheels with 800 miles on them and if separating means getting more I'll go that route. Thx!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts