Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jku came with dual tops. Part of my deal was to have the side steps and heated seats installed and sell the soft top back. Has anyone done this? How much did you get for it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2five22 said:
I've never heard of such a practice.
I'll be at the dealer Friday for the installs. I'll let you know if they buy it back as they said. To be honest if they don't it won't bother me. I liked the soft top I test drove. It sure is a lot better than the 1990 wrangler I bought new. I hated how it flapped at any speed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a update. The dealer installed the steps and the heated seats. They said my jku was the 1st one they have put the heated seats in. So it took longer then I thought it would take. They told me they had to remove the hard top to get the soft top out. I didn't know you had to do that, I'm glad they did it. The install looks great. I'll wash the jeep later and look closer at everything.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just a update. The dealer installed the steps and the heated seats. They said my jku was the 1st one they have put the heated seats in. So it took longer then I thought it would take. They told me they had to remove the hard top to get the soft top out. I didn't know you had to do that, I'm glad they did it. The install looks great. I'll wash the jeep later and look closer at everything.

So did they buy the soft top back? I'm going to a dealer today to make an offer on a Rubi thats got the dual tops and I'd like to see if I could pull that off as well. I wouldnt mind trading the top for the side steps.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
So did they buy the soft top back? I'm going to a dealer today to make an offer on a Rubi thats got the dual tops and I'd like to see if I could pull that off as well. I wouldnt mind trading the top for the side steps.
Honestly you'd be better keeping the soft top and buying some steps on here or Craigslist. You can get steps for $125-$200 bucks and probably sell the soft top for $500-$700 bucks. Best case the dealer would even swap you, this way you'd put a few hundred bucks in your pocket or mod fund.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Honestly you'd be better keeping the soft top and buying some steps on here or Craigslist. You can get steps for $125-$200 bucks and probably sell the soft top for $500-$700 bucks. Best case the dealer would even swap you, this way you'd put a few hundred bucks in your pocket or mod fund.
Agree 100%! I'm sure you'd be able to sell a new OEM top for a pretty penny (more than the dealer will give you, anyway.) And I'd much rather have some stout aftermarket side steps than the plasticky Jeep ones. Got my ACE rock rails (before the price increase), and they function very well as side steps, too.

Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they did buy it back. It was already part of the deal when I bought my jku. I'm happy with everything. The heated seats work great and the steps are really needed for the wife to get in.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes they did buy it back. It was already part of the deal when I bought my jku. I'm happy with everything. The heated seats work great and the steps are really needed for the wife to get in.
I just bought a new Rubi today and they didnt go for buying back the soft top. I'm going to craiglist mine.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucy Brown said:
I just bought a new Rubi today and they didnt go for buying back the soft top. I'm going to craiglist mine.
I'm sure you will get more for it that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts