Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sentry Key Light and Airbag Light....plus now it won't run

Ok, at first only the sentry key light would come on and stay on for a few moments. Then the airbag light would come on for just a second. This was on and off all day. Now, it will not staying running as if the sentry key is missing. Thoughts on the cause?

This is on a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Sentry Key Light and Airbag Light....plus now it won't run

Ok, at first only the sentry key light would come on and stay on for a few moments. Then the airbag light would come on for just a second. This was on and off all day. Now, it will not staying running as if the sentry key is missing. Thoughts on the cause?

This is on a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited.
Will it turn over if you turn the key? Do any of the gauges work? I had the same exact thing happen. The ecm was not getting power so it wouldn't turn on the fuel pump. Turns out the fuse under the hood labeled "ASD" was popped. Check that. Its kind of hard to see if its blown so look at it with a flashlight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had any issues with the instrument cluster and have not seen any codes. Everything works like it always has except the SKIM light and airbag light. Only a few times has the SKIM system kicked in and killed the engine. Most of the time the light just comes on and stays on for a while. Then off for a bit and then back on for a bit. The air bag light likes to flash and beep for a quick second and then it is gone.

Today, I unplugged the SKIM module and my PCM, then disconnected the batteries. At first it seemed to work. Then after about 10 minutes of driving the SKIM light and air bag light went back to doing what they were doing previously.

This happens with all three keys.

The only codes I've ever thrown were the CPS error. I never replaced, but have a new one standing by.

I will check the ASD fuse right now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were correct. It looked fine. Here is what I did discover.

Just checked my codes and I am getting U0168. I believe that is no signal from the SKIM? What is the fix? Whole new module?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts