Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my jku with 20k miles is experiencing some major power loss. About six months ago I started running a flowmaster super 44. At some point I noticed my jeep wasn't making it up hills on the highway anymore in 5th gear. I just figured it had to do with backpressure and I really wasn't worried about it because I liked the sound of the exhaust. Well after driving 6 hours one way almost every other weekend now that school has started I decided to go back with the stock exhaust because downshifting from 5th, then 4th, and sometimes 3rd on the main highway was killing me. So after putting it back to stock it still won't make it up a hill on the highway in 5th or even 4th. It almost feels like it's running on the fuel saver mode all the time. Any thought as to what it could be? The check engine light came on so I'm going to be taking it to the dealer one day this week.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Sounds like you cat is blocked

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
What error code is it throwing?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Is the check engine light still on? If there are no current codes, it won't display anything before going to done.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I assume he is doing the turn the ignition to the on position 3 times within 5 seconds without starting the engine "thing". Does this work on the 2014's like all the other Jeeps I've owned?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm doing the thing where you turn the key three times, and the check engine light is still on but it's not displaying any codes...

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Go to the closest national auto parts store. They will use their scanner and read the code for free

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Isnt the jeep still under warranty? Let the dealer mess with it

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I change the oil myself, esp after some of the stories if heard. Yeah it's still under warranty. I have an appointment sometime next week to have it checked out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts