Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aye guys. Thanks in advance for any info to help out with this. My jeep 2.5 liter has gone through two serpentine belts in less than 24 hours.. The belts don't snap but what happens is the belt breaks along the lines of the grooves. It's happened twice now and isn't the entire belt only some of it. What could cause this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aye guys. Thanks in advance for any info to help out with this. My jeep 2.5 liter has gone through two serpentine belts in less than 24 hours.. The belts don't snap but what happens is the belt breaks along the lines of the grooves. It's happened twice now and isn't the entire belt only some of it. What could cause this?
try a different brand of belt or don't tighten down as much wen u install it or check ur pulleys make sure none are seized

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
it sounds like an alignment issue since some of the pulleys are grooved. Make sure it's routed correctly and there's no wobble on each pulley.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked he pulleys and all are good there. On the belt it's the outer most groove that keeps like tearing off. It then becomes wrapped around the fans pulley and such. I replaced my steering pump a while ago but I don't see why if it was alignment how it would be affecting it now.

·
Registered
15,694 Posts
If belt does not line up straight in center of all the pillows it rides on but tends toward front or back edge of one or more pullies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts