Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never purchased a vehicle service contract on a used vehicle. However, I just purchased a 2007 Unlimited Sahara with 100,000 and have never purchased a vehicle with this many miles. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yea honestly other then some insanely expensive third party service contract im not sure how you'd get one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think that most service contracts that are halfway decent require the vehicle have fewer than 100,000 miles. In general, I think service contracts seldom are worth the money.

I suggest you just be religious about the maintenance and save the money you would have spent on the service contract and use it to cover repairs when things do go wrong.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Is it a service contract or an extended warranty contract? Around here, they are 2 different things. The service contract gets you some of the scheduled maintenance items at a discounted price, where as the extended warranty covers some repairs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone. Yes, the dealership did offer the service contract. Yes, it is a service contract that covers such things as power train, air conditioner, etc. the more expensive items. It is a $100.00 deductible and includes parts and labor. $1800.00 for 12 months/12,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Way too expensive for that short a coverage. Pass on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts