Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Well, a Rubicon is set up pretty well from the factory. If it were me, I would drive it for a while and see what it does for you. if you see things you want to do that it is not capable of doing, THEN you throw some cash at it.
Unless you have really deep pockets and want to do things that you don't need. Then you could do some things for my YJ for me.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, a Rubicon is set up pretty well from the factory. If it were me, I would drive it for a while and see what it does for you. if you see things you want to do that it is not capable of doing, THEN you throw some cash at it.
Unless you have really deep pockets and want to do things that you don't need. Then you could do some things for my YJ for me.:D
if i get it you dont think i should get a lift and some biiggger wheels and tires u know 2 or 3 k?

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Whatever floats your boat...

Depends on how you intend to use it. I don't know about you, but 2 or 3k I don't want to drop unless I need to. I'd still wheel it for a while until you see what it will do, and then mod as you see fit.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
like suspension tires and wheels aftermarket lol
Go take a look in the JK section as the rigs that Joe has built at Absolute Offroad here in Phx. If you are looking for aftermarket parts that will work on your JK you should also give him a call or check out www.absoluteoffroadphx.com. He's a board sponsor and has a ton of experience with JK's.

·
Registered
529 Posts
And be careful 2-3k doesn't seem like much but it won't end there, its like "Give a Mouse a Cookie", next you will want to swap gears to accomadate larger tires, and then you will need fender flares to cover the tires, and then you want to do this and that, etc. it just goes on and on, once you start it will just keep getting more expensive, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts