Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a set of 31's for my 1993 I want to add a 3" shackle lift to give them some room any suggestions on brand and if anyone is sporting them some pics would be great.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Keep the shackle lift 1" or under. Just about all suspension companies offer them, RC, RE, Currie, etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did a one inch shackle lift and have saggy stock springs and I am able to fit 31s no problem. Remember a shackle that is two inches longer then stock is a one inch lift. So you would need shackles that are six inches above stock for a three inch lift. If you want more then an inch for cheap do one inch lift shackles and one inch body lift.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also make sure any lift shackle you get has the center braces

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, I see them for sell as a set for like $50 would I need two sets to make it work ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would also suggest to get boomerang shackles. You will pay a little more, but it helps with the approach angle and helps keep the axle in the right location. Tons of places make them, just make sure they are good quality. You don't want to skimp on something that holds your axles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts