Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've almost decided to gain a little height by adding a 1 inch shackle lift and a 2 inch spring lift to my stock YJ. I've noticed a lot of posts pro and con in the archives but this still sounds like the way to go for my needs.

You folks that have been running them for a while: Do they flatten out the springs? Hold up fairly well? Ride too rough? How many of you have had to re-do the lift because it failed? (No, wanting to go higher doesn't count ;) ) Any particular vendor to steer clear of?

·
Registered
466 Posts
i have BDS shackles the only thing i have noticed is that they moved my rear tires a lil more forward so when under flex they rub my fender flares, and that is the only thing i can come up with is why the tires dont sit in the middle of the wheel well

·
Registered
57 Posts
i put the 1.5'' shackle lift on my '94. i have stock springs and everything. pretty sure it flattend out my springs. my front spring are almost flat and my rear tires moves in. i think it lifted it a little bit, but it rides a little more rough. but hey its a jeep ya know? do it man, especially if you are doin the suspension lift

·
Registered
128 Posts
Only thing I noticed with my 2" shackle lift is the steering is twitchy - the caster is off, since the front diff rotated forward. I have to install shims where the springs meet the axle housing (no big deal, just waiting for the penetrant to hit a full 2 weeks of soaking, LOL). Other than that, love it. $69 off ebay and I can run 31x10.50s on a basically stock YJ :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I started ordering the parts. Going to be interesting to see how close I can get to precisely what I want.

Wheeeee!

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
im running add-a-leafs in front and 1or 1.25" shackels in rear. no noticeable diff in the already lousy ride :D . no prob to report thus far.....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Very intresting topic...I think we have all been looking for the perfect system, and materials to achieve height with leafs.
I plan on using 1.5" shackles to the front and rear, and re-shimming them both to re-align proper axle angles (and probably this will also re center tire position in wheel well) Then I will install a 1" body lift. Hopefully, I will be satisfied for at least the summer with the height.(its very addicting) So in the end I will have 4" suspension lift, 1.5" shackles,1" body lift,on 33" tires.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You know I was just thinking about doing something like this. Going to have to reconsider now. If I can afford it I would do an entire suspension lift so that everything is raised proportionally and I hopefully wouldn't get the axle twisting or wheel offset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts