Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full set of 1inch boomerang shackles on my yj. My question is will they work with a zone lift? Will I have to go to the 0 lift shackles. Will my new springs and shocks go with the ones I have now? Thanks here is a pic of what I got now.

Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Family car

Auto part

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
the new springs will work fine with the shackles. just keep them nice and loose 30-40 ftlbs of torque. you may need new shocks but cycle the suspension and buy according to the collapsed and extended lengths not shocks for XX lift height.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have mine set at 95 foot pounds now. I went by the book. Should I bring them down to the 45-50 range??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I put them on I put em at 50 then got to second guess myself and went with the factory spec. So my guess is now at 100 they won't flex?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
yep they shackles will work a lot better at a lower torque. also don't torque them down until the weight of the rig is on them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should I also run my center bolt that's through the steal rod at 50 lbs or is it ok to run it higher? Seems to me they all should be the same! I was just worried about them working lose at the lower torque.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just re torqued all my bolts to 50 lbs ft. That's shackle to frame and shackle to spring. But what do I know lol I'm the one that started this thread lol.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
40 ft lbs is good, and the shackles will move properly, and no make any noise. Loctite is your friend if you think they will walk loose on you.
I run mine a little looser at first and cycle the suspension a few times then torque them to 40-50 lbs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts