Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 inch lift and shackles my Jeep started making noises when I put on shackles so should I just take them off or try fix the sound?

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Hmm... Not enough info. What kind of shackles did you have on there to begin with, & what kind of shackles did you install? Also, did you add the 4" lift recently, or has it been on there a while?

A few pics would help as well if you have a camera :)

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Its an old Jeep yea they're are vibrations
lol, ok, let me rephrase ... are there anymore shakes, vibrations, etc. than it already had before the you installed the new shackles?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
He's talking about driveline vibrations.. not just normal its an old jeep vibrations.. both he and I have yjs.. he's trying to figure out for you if the lift height has caused you to go beyond the limits of your slip yoke rear driveshaft. Did you shim the rear axle when you installed the lift? Also what's the measurement of the shackle from bolt center to bolt center?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't remember what it is I'd have to check but yea I knew what u were talking about sorry if I upset u by being a smartass but yes it does have a lot of vibration and noises it makes a bad clunkimg but goes away as I speed up

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
You probably are reaching the limitations of your rear driveshaft.. you can do a transfer case drop which can be very cheap.. or do a hack n tap or fixed yoke kit.. all will have varying prices but will help with driveline vibrations

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Thats something you will want to address like explained above.. driveline vibrations if let go over time can cause premature failure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts